A hostile foreign government
    Has your genome, your social security number
    And the proceeds of your bank accounts

Odds are, humankind
    Is not the first intelligent species
    To inhabit the universe
    Odds are, it won't be the last
    A blink of an eye and we are gone

This is an awe inspiring write MHenry! To say we were the first, the only, and the last, are merely opinions formed by those intellectuality incapable of inductive reasoning.

Comment

Thank you, graydon. I appreciate your valuable feedback and the time you invest to read and remark.
      Thank you for the 'like" Suz-zen!

Comment

Lovely exploration of unknown and unknowable truths... (And... I think Einstein most definitely came from an advanced Alien race...)

Comment

• grant hayes
          grant hayes commented
          Editing a comment
          It does. Thank you for introducing me to it!!

• MHenry
          MHenry commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, pipersfancy,

I found Murmurings and I love it! You open with a description of what I interpret as either pre-Big Bang, or just after the Big Bang. You move to the personal, the longing to be more than we are, but to remain ourselves, then you take us back to the primordial goo where we emerge fish-like only to gaze up at the incomprehensible cosmic void from which we came in our fleeting existence. It's a sweeping lyrical epic told in short pungent bursts. Thanks for sending me there!

• pipersfancy
          pipersfancy commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah! You got it! Thanks for the reading MHenry!

Whoa, I do love this poem and understand it much better, although so much of
        it is unexplained. They have just recently found new state of matter. It has been hypothesized for 40 years. "quantum spin liquid" into smaller
        quasiparticles. Also called Majorana fermions . Scientist and computer
        gurus think they will harness it for quantum computer. The rest is over
        my head.
        And I love the starry background through a prism.
        Last edited by Brainwreck; 04-09-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

HI, Brainwreck, I must read about that. Sounds cool! Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Lovely write! Particularly like the title and of course the last line. 99% of all species that have ever lived are defunct. Humankind - thoughtful scientists now give our species about 300 more years
            given our penchant for self-destruction of the planet. I am confident that elsewhere there is a carbon-based intelligence who would smile at our stupidities...As Brainwreck rightly surmises, the more scientists delve down into matter particles get smaller and smaller...Just like the universe - no end in sight, down deep or out there!

Comment

Hi, Tanner, Thank you for your encouragement. I had written this earlier in the year, but after one of our exchanges, I decided to post it. The interesting thing to me about the "Big Bang," is that there could have been billions of "Big Bangs" before this one; just one more "Big Bang" in an endless repetition of attract and repel. Thus, making us even more insignificant in the relative scheme of things than we already are.

Comment

A very interesting read and unique take on the theme of community!!!
                When I think of a planet full of humans as just one community, I begin to realize the full meaning behind the phrase "it's a small world after all."
                I wonder what beings far in the future will make of Applepay, lol.

Comment

Hi, Mullin, Thanks for reading and your thoughtful comment.

The future beings might say...
                  Being 1: "They work all day for their meager pay, then spend it all on ebay with Applepay! What were they thinking?! And that planet! What a mess!"
                  Being 2: " Yeah, right?!"

Comment

Oh, my goodness, as I fall into a meditative stare -- that is to say, my eyes are wide open with tears welling as if trying to unblock negative chi -- trying my best not to blink! This piece instantly unharnessed my thoughts enough to allow me to go "far out" on the journey (and certainly well beyond this past week's platter of humdrum!) Way to go, as you undeniably lit up possibilities right before our eyes! Beautiful!

Comment

• MHenry
                      MHenry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for reading my poem and commenting, bobby. I am glad you enjoyed it!

i enjoyed this. science and poetry are two of my favorite things to think about and this was both. thank you for posting this

Comment

• MHenry
                      MHenry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for visiting and reading my poem, lunar glide. It is nice to know long buried words can be unearthed again!
                  Working...
                  X