Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korimul

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-25-2017, 10:26 PM.

This is a jaw-dropping masterpiece! I am positively awe-stricken. My congratulations, Grant.

Comment

Many thanks, MHenry. That is very high praise. I am taken aback.

Comment

Just found out there's a 100-word limit on poems in this prize. I guess it pays to read the fine print. Oh well. I will re-post it in the Shared section.

Comment

Such beautiful use of language!

Comment

Thank you 1sided. You have manifold sides, I am sure. 😊

Comment

Oh my gosh. I agree with Bobby - this masterpiece wants repeat performances in my memory. It leaves me breathless - the wonder of where you grew.

Comment

• grant hayes
                grant hayes commented
                Editing a comment
                This was the poem that unlocked writing for me, Rhymist, a kind of pivotal BC/AD moment. I worked on it for months, persisting out of a desire to record faithfully my feelings and impressions of the place where I grew up. Looking back on it, I am aware of its flaws: its length, its naivete, its insularity, its proximity to bathos and tedium. On the positive side, it is 'finished' and comprehensive and contains passages and images I am pleased to have devised. And, most importantly, it helped me realise that poems were what I really wanted to write, whether or not they ever amounted to anything in the world at large. Thank you for reading and sharing your response, Rhymist; this was a piece I thought would remain marginal.

This is a beauty, grant. A quest of friendship, of shared experiences and lives wrapped in a day of climbing and conquering. I don’t even know what some of your Aussie descriptors mean yet I could see, hear and feel your ascent. Sorry I missed this before. (If you wrote it now, would you try to do it in twenty words?)

Comment

• grant hayes
                grant hayes commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the kind appreciation, Muttado; I am glad you could relate to this and be carried along on the journey. On the matter of poem size, to be honest, I would like to be able to write longer pieces than has become typical. I need to find a balance between my more compressed, opaque efforts and the narrative ramble of a piece like Korimul,

Amazing.

Comment

• grant hayes
                grant hayes commented
                Editing a comment
                You think so, Sister Greed? I hope it's a good amazement

A Piece Of Sheer Brilliance.

Comment

Working...
              X