Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monica Mack
    replied
    Walter Raymond8, you posted your much-appreciated comment back in September. I've been away a long time, and today is Halloween. I'm glad I got a chance to respond during October. I agree that we are indeed in perilous times as a country (and so is every country in this world). Please keep writing -- and post some of your work. I have the feeling that you have much to say pent up inside you, and it's knocking at the door pleading to be written and posted. Thanks for your kind compliment of "awesome" about my poetry. I keep striving to improve. Monica

Leave a comment:

• WalterRaymond8
    replied
    This is pretty impressive writing Monica. I love reading great poetry, especially ones with great meaning and symbolism. We're in perilous times as a country with neither side seeing eye to eye, so it's through songs and writing that I think we can mend relationships and express our opinion. There are times when I'm driving my tow truck that I just create verses and lyrics that I pen at night. Keep up the awesome work, Monica.
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 04-01-2021, 11:30 AM. Reason: Removed unrelated link - left complimentary comments

Leave a comment:

• Monica Mack
    replied
    To M.T. Ranter: I've been away (computer gremlins and other gremlins won). THANK YOU so much for your kind words about this poem. Monica

Leave a comment:

• M.T. Ranter
    replied
    Congratulations, Monica! I enjoyed this beautiful and moving poem.

All the best,

Martin

Leave a comment:

• Monica Mack
    replied
    Thank you so much, AlexandratheLate, for your congratulations! I honestly never expected Two Rooms and a Bath to be a winner! It's so kind of you to write as you did. I am an admirer of your own wonderful poetry! Monica

Leave a comment:

• AlexandratheLate
    replied
    Congrats Monica!! Wonderful. So happy on your well deserved win!!!!!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Monica Mack
    replied
    Thank you very much, RhymeLovingWriter (whose own poetry I very much admire!) for your congratulatory note. (I never dreamed it would happen!) Monica

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    Beautifully written Monica! Congratulations on your win!

Leave a comment:

• Monica Mack
    replied
    Thank you, SMClarkRZ. for your kind words regarding Two Rooms and a Bath! I hope it won't be long before all the gremlins are exorcised, so that I can better access RhymeZone.

Leave a comment:

• SMClarkRZ
    replied
    Monica, "gremlin filled computers" are well exorcized with expressions such as that you wrote: Two Rooms and a Bath. Great work!

Leave a comment:

• Monica Mack
    replied
    Thank you very much, AlexandratheLate, for your kind comments regarding Two Rooms and a Bath and generally about life in assisted living. I wish your grandmother well! You're so right: There IS nothing like human touch. Monica

Leave a comment:

• AlexandratheLate
    replied
    I visit my grandmother in assisted living and sometimes while in a nursing home and although she is well taken care of, your poem inspires for all of us to visit people there - there's nothing like human touch. Well expressed!!

Leave a comment:

• Monica Mack
    replied
    To Bobby Del Boy (Boe Burke) and to graydon archer: Many thanks for your very kind comments regarding Two Rooms and a Bath. As you can probably tell, this is most definitely nonfiction as well as my first resumption of poetry creation since the tragic death of my last remaining family member! From the room with the gremlin-filled computer, Monica

Leave a comment:

• graydon archer
    replied
    This is as touching a prose as I've had the pleasure to read. Kudos to you Monica!

Leave a comment:

• Boe Burke
    replied
    You see! This is a crime that no one has yet tto comment on this beautiful write. My wife and I would visit her Mom in the nursing home and you have captured the experience perfectly. Well done Monica! Bobby Del Boy (Boe Burke)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X