Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Animal nation

Animal nation equality

Around the watering hole you could regularly see jungle animals gathering for a chat
    The zebra, lion, elephant, monkey, leopard and occasionally the bat
    They typically discussed the latest gossip and personal viewpoints on current events
    sometimes laughing loudly telling families stories or discussing the country's presidents

The giraffes, however, were usually separate and a constant source of irritation
    Intent on elevating themselves and proudly forming their very own spotted and long neck nation
    At these meetings, they separated themselves and stubbornly refused to mingle
    promoting their elitism through bragging and self-proclaiming jingles

This imagined self importance and status was obvious for all to see
    The zebra, lion, elephant,monkey and leopard extremely disagreed
    That a certain characteristic, color or spots would elevate one animal above the other
    Surely they were all animals of the same area, were equal and in essence jungle brothers

The giraffes vehemently argued that their stature and elongated neck put them head and shoulders above everyone there
    But the zebra, lion, elephant,monkey and leopard kept telling them their reasoning was impaired
    Just because their necks were spotted and elongated more than all the rest
    The elephant retorted my trunk is as long as your neck but stronger so what makes you think you're the best

The leopard piped in expressing that his spots were by far the most exotic
    While the zebra said she had always been singled out as having the stripes notably the most beautiful and hypnotic
    Not to be left out was the lion stating everyone knew that he had the most fierce roar and glorious mane
    The monkey waited for his turn to speak and finally said, all that has been stated is true but in reality quite mundane

For we all have characteristics, traits and talents which are uniquely our very own
    But when these are used together for everyone's benefit it accomplishes so much more than one alone
    A hush came over the crowd as they all listened very intently
    Even the giraffes became ashamed of their superior attitude and decided to act very differently

So the zebra, lion, elephant, monkey, leopard and occasionally the bat
    Determined more than ever that acceptance and equality would describe the purpose of their habitat
    And so it was that the zebra, lion, elephant, monkey, leopard, giraffes, and the bat
    Worked together using their unique traits and talents as brothers for everyone's benefit
    Last edited by AlexandratheLate; 03-25-2016, 07:30 PM.

Clever use of metaphor on this poem Alexandra! The Animals in our kingdom have it way more together than we do. Smart poem friend!

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind words. :-)

Comment

This was a fun one to write as I mentally saw this gathering and what they must think about us as humans. How we try to elevate ourselves one above the other whereas we would accomplish so much more and enjoy life more if we all used our own uniqueness and talents to help one another. You are very clever as well as having a poets heart. Thank you friend !!

Comment

I totally get it and got it Alexandra

Comment

From your posts and your poetry I have seen how very intelligent you are as well I suspect a true romantic. I am continually impressed by your comments, insight and heartfelt posts. That's why I believe you have a true poets heart as well as being very intelligent!!! Don't ever stop writing :-)

Comment

Ahh thanks Alexandra! I m blushing now. Look forward to being your friend here for a long time. Bobby Del Boy

Comment

Same here Bobby. Been super busy and glad to have a few minutes to stop and read some beautiful poetry.

Comment

Busy livin this beautiful life girl....

Comment

Life is a work in progress Bobby, but what a masterpiece it can become.

Comment

Great write! In a way, it reminds me of George Orwell's Animal Farm

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
                        AlexandratheLate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm honored by the comparison. Thank you.

• AlexandratheLate
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you very much graydon for comparison. It's humbling.

Thank you Brain as always for you wonderful comments!!

Comment

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
                          Editing a comment
                          This is one of my art pieces done in fresco style of my African princess with a Bengal tiger and cub.
                          Last edited by AlexandratheLate; 03-29-2016, 08:21 AM.

• Brainwreck
                          Brainwreck commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is neat. Is that you? How did you do this?

It's a long process. I get plaster poured and then I crack it and mount it on wood to piece together and then I fling paint literally and see what takes shape and then go from there. No. It's a beautiful black model's face I got off an old magazine. Thank you

Comment

Alexandra, per your request, I checked out your painting and I love it. I wish I could see a bigger version of it, but what I can see is amazing......

Comment

Working...
                          X