mothers say~ eat your meat
    you diet is~ incomplete
    no mama~ not anymore
    seeing them dead~ on the floor
    carnivores cause~ us disquiet
    we demand a vegan diet
    vegan Rap vegan rap
    please let's~ give a crap

Interesting topic. Though I have always wondered what would happen to cows and pigs and chickens if the whole world became vegan. They have no natural habitat. They would have nowhere to go. If the whole world became vegan wouldn't that be the beginning of their extinction? Just a thought.

Comment

• Vegan Alton
      Vegan Alton commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear Sharonlee: You made some very good points. For me it's about my own peace of mind. I was raised on meat and dairy and it's a miracle that I am still alive today at almost 80. I had a horrendous time becoming a vegan and now have found the right combination for my body type after 35 years of vegetarian suffering. Are you on Google Plus. I like it much better than Facebook. My user name is Alton Slater.

Well, the poet certainly delivers on what the title promises. The poem definitely conveys a rap sound! Good luck in the contest!

Comment

• Vegan Alton
      Vegan Alton commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear pipersfancy: Mahalo for the strokes. This is one of my few talents. Have a wonderful energetic week.

• Vegan Alton
      Vegan Alton commented
      Editing a comment
      Sharonlee: Firstly, I wish you wellness. I am happy unless I have some health issues. I am flying high now having learned that the body is our feedback mechanism that indicates what food we need to eat for health. My wife seems to be OK eating flesh. My greatest gift was to take a 7 day Macrobiotic seminar in Lost Angeles. I learned how to balance the pair of opposites as applied to nutrition.

I might add— the little kitty you are holding in your profile picture is terribly cute, and looks a lot like my little kitty, Princess Zelda! Gosh... come to think of it, where IS my kitty this morning??!! She hasn't somehow been beamed out of my home, only to show up in your picture, has she?! (Zelda! Where are you? Come see momma, my little princess!)

Comment

• Vegan Alton
      Vegan Alton commented
      Editing a comment
      Our last cat died some months after two dogs attacked her. My wife ran out and saved her life, but she was never the same. The vet charged 1300 and when we found the dog's owner we settled for 1/2. Our landlord does not allow pets. He did not complain about the last one that come to our door meowing and my grandson fed her. Someone obviously abandoned her, maybe because she shed so much. This kitty, who we named Kismet or his mother, was meowing during the night for days, keeping up the neighbors. Finally I fed him and he would not let us see him for a while. Then we kept moving the food closer and in our kitchen. He was about 3 months and tiny. We locked him in the house and now he is so affectionate and energetic. He loves to be picked up. In two months he doubled in size and this is the best cat I ever had. My wife's daughter feeds 13 feral cats and never had a feral cat that would let someone pick them up. Happiness wishes to you and Princess Zelda Gosh.

Hello Alton... I am on Google + although I don't use the site a lot; I don't use Facebook a lot either. I help run and mediate a private online creative group although so far this my interaction there has lessened as well as I have been unwell, neck pain and migraines.

I lived on a cattle farm in north Australia for part of my childhood; I have fond memories of the farm. I actually think there is no easy answer to this issue; but a starting place is better farming practices and a population that understands portion control.

The heart and care have gone out of farming; now it's big business and the way animals are treated sickens me and breaks my heart, and the amount of food consumed and wasted, especially meat is disgusting.

Having said all that, I do eat meat; I limit my intake to 3 times a week and have reduced my portion size to 2 ounces. I don't eat red meat.

Nice chatting with you, take care sir.

Comment

I'm in whole-hearted agreement with what you've said, Shraonlee. More sustainable, healthy and humane farming practices are needed, not just for ethical reasons, but also because we are ruining the planet with all the land exploitation we've engaged in—including the practice of big business farming.

Comment

Working...
      X