• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart Song

Heart Song

Melodic words that dance upon the page
    cry out for me to grasp, to understand
    the meanings. Written by a fool or sage,
    each reaches toward me from their heart, their hand.

I listen to the ebb and flow of each.
    I sense the deep emotions that they share.
    At times, it seems the meaning’s beyond reach,
    the imagery just hanging in the air.

It’s then I close my eyes and seek within.
    I let the music play and simply feel
    for then the understanding can begin;
    a whispered touch and suddenly it’s real.

The message may be faint or may be strong –
    but will, in time, become part of my song.

Form: English Sonnet
    Last edited by HuntersMoon; 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM.

Really like this one... I love music and found this an interesting tie to the theme. Great job.

Comment

Hi J - Thank you for the encouragement. I write (and review) a lot on Writing.com and some of the work leaves me scratching my head I can always find something encouraging to say but there are times when you have to ignore technique and find the emotions to comment on. It seemed a natural fit for "understanding."

Comment

Great poem, almost a perfect Shakespearean sonnet! Sincerely enjoyed it.

Comment

Like button! No doubt.

Comment

beautiful!!

Comment

Yup! I could almost hear this melody in my head! Awesome!

Comment

I write dark poems, it's good to hear love poems that might get through me. I'm pretty rude... so...

Comment

Hi Jiynx (no pun intended ) - Thanks for the encouragement. Dark and light are just two sides of the same coin. I write both myself. Rude? I prefer sarcasm which is often mistaken for rude. You just keep going wherever your muse takes you. They seldom lead you wrong.

Comment

(no pun intended good one) Really? You write both? Ah! Sarcasm, yes. I'll keep on going. ) Thanks!

Comment

My last published piece was in Dark Gothic Magazine (LOL). If you're curious, you can read it at http://www.writing.com/main/view_ite...14399-Instinct Fair warning, it's very graphic. I write online primarily at writing.com. If you're looking for a supportive community, give it a look. (and no, I don't get paid for referrals LOL)

Comment

Ahaha! I will! I love graphic. I'll just copy the link so I can check it out later. I have a few cousins who give me graphic stories. They don't really tease me that I'm a girl and I'm reading scary stuff. Meh. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Ken... I saw your reply and briefly checked out writing.com. The couple other works of yours I read there were quite impressive! I also decided to start working on a poem for one of the contests on that site and hope the strict style guidelines don't drive me too crazy? Finally, I'd love your feedback on my contest submission for this "understanding" theme if you can find it through my profile? Thanks. - Jeremy

Comment

Excellent. I'll have to check you out. Let me know what user name you choose so I can find you - or just drop me a link. I'm "HuntersMoon" there as well. I'll track down your entry right now :-) Ken

Comment

Super Nice, I like what you wrote, awesome !!!

Comment

• HuntersMoon
                                HuntersMoon commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thank you, Jr ... I'm a "form" freak LOL and love writing the traditional forms. I see you've sent me a request - I'll pop over and read it now. Ken
                            Working...
                            X