• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death and Desire

Death wants to breathe,
    desires a heart that beats.
    Death wants to live.
    But in order to be alive it must steal sparks.
    Pieces and parts
    of light must be absorbed by dark.
    Thus, creates the spiral,
    without which
    life could not exist.
    Death's desire becomes us.

This one gave me goosebumps!!

Comment

I especially like that last line in particular: "Death's desire becomes us." Again, powerful stuff.

Comment

Nice work.

"Thus, creates the spiral,
        without which
        life could not exist."

DNA reference? Love it.

Comment

• BeverleyAvena
          BeverleyAvena commented
          Editing a comment
          It was a DNA reference! In part, at least. It was also a tip of the hat to the fibonacci spiral and the eastern notion that two "opposites" are actually one, that one cannot exist without the other.

Deep thoughts, I do understandit.

Comment

I Like!

Comment

woowwww incredible i love it

Comment

ive come to the conclusion....that you are getting 500 dollars...and im not lol

Comment

• BeverleyAvena
                BeverleyAvena commented
                Editing a comment
                I am very flattered by your vote of confidence! That being said, there are 10 winners!! Keep at it! I wish you, and all my fellow poets, all the luck in the world! It is so inspiring to see so many creative people putting themselves and their art out into the world. It makes my heart happy .

It's like an onion - the more times I read it, the more depth of meaning I find, each epiphany curling out from the one before it. I like your brain!!

Comment

death is life, but I still liked it.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really appreciate your input!

Comment

Beverly I really like your writing style. Being an avid poet myself I love reading between the lines of poetry. Your deep and it intriques me. I would like to read the poetry you keep closest to your heart. I would like for you to read some of mine, most of mine is on poetrysoup.com other than checkmate which I posted to this site. please take the time to read my poetry. i believe we can relate in life. Google Thomas Gieseler and poems by will be the first hit. I look forward to reading more.

Comment

Thank you! I have a lot of writing finished, but have never really put it out there yet. Some I have turned into songs, though...I have some videos on my facebook music page "Beverley Avena". I look forward to reading some of yours as well!

Comment

When you wrote "death's desire becomes us", did you mean 'becomes' as in transforms or as in compliments/looks good on us? Very deep. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Working...
                          X