Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you there?

Were you there?

Were you there when they crucified my God? Were you there when they crucified me?

I was right beside him, hanging limb by limb, nailed right to the front of a tree. Tied down pierced side to side, so the whole world could see. Were you there when they crucified my God; were you there when they crucified me?

Did you believe the uttermost brutality for such a kind soul that was whipped and hung up on Calvary for only trying to spread the word of the Lord and be the best that he could be? Were you there when they crucified my God; were you there when they crucified me?

And no it wasn’t back in 33 A.D. and no it wasn’t when they took our own kinds, beat us with bats and then turned the fire hydrants on us before the dogs attacked. Oh were you there when they Crucified my God; were you there when they crucified me?...

I was only 13 back in ’03 when I got in a fight with one of my classmates for call me the N word. Rumbling and tumbling while my teacher was nowhere in sight, but still we were in a fight. As she decided to walk back in the classroom and yell alright, sat back, laughed and whispered to me, boy you should be used to it by now, it’s part of your history. Ooh were you there when they crucified my God; were you there when they crucified me?...

When I was picked on at a black school for coming from a white, when my own dad said I wasn’t going to amount to anything great because I decided to start college late. When every time I asked him for money, he claimed he was broke, but yet and still he could buy anything he wanted for himself. Were you there when they crucified my God; were you there when they crucified me?

But just like my God, I’m going to fulfill my destiny. An actor, an entrepreneur, a poet, a caregiver is how you’ll remember me. God bless you all, you haven’t seen the best of me. This is the start of a long lasting history. This is my legacy. So the next time you open up your text book, you’ll see in vivid detail when they crucified my God, yeah they crucified me.

Working...
X