• Show
Clear All

• Bcfro
    replied
    Jist*

Leave a comment:

• Bcfro
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. I am sorry for my comment. I'm glad that I read your poem because it brought back some memories. And as you said- the whole just of poetry is to find compassion.

• Matthew F. bBowers III
    replied
    Hey Bctro, it's fiction. it's a story like so many others about the follies of life. it's in am O.henry style of writing with a surprise ending. Am I happy about suicide, I think not, i once stood on a high span of a bridge and considered jumping but the amount of cars that stopped and asked me if I needed a ride,
    it I was O.K. and even one old lady who offered me a chocolate choip cookie, made me rethink the insanity of jumping. I too have lost friends to suicide. but I am a writer, and my muse is a slavemaster. regardless I am simply telling a fictitious story, if it moves other souls to think about it's consequences then i have succeeded. i have written many anti-suicide poems and in the end they outweigh the few that are a form of satire. No one alive really knows how suicide feels.....they don't come back. but I apprecaite your comments and I am sorry for any past pains you may have felt, and for any friends you may have lost as well. Good luck in the contest.~~Matt

Leave a comment:

• Bcfro
    replied
    So I'm not trying to be rude or anything when I say this but it kind of sounds like you are like yay happy suicide when really suicide is not something that should be expressed through a happy Romeo and Juliet ending in your poem about two people who seemingly do not know each other and since I have been in a position like this with one of my closest friends almost committing suicide and I can promise you that it is not a fun thing. I'm sorry for this rant. It probably sounds like I'm a total jerk but this poem just kinda hurt a bit to read. If you read some of my poems you can see how suicide really feels. I just think this might be a way to slightly improve your poem.

-Ben

Leave a comment:

• Matthew F. bBowers III
    started a topic Justified Suicide ?

Justified Suicide ?

Justified Suicide.

She tried to jump off
    Superior bridge
    tilting forward
    into the thin air
    and she would have
    fallen to her death