• Show
Clear All

• Goggi
    replied
    You are defenetly have a talent!

Leave a comment:

• pipersfancy
    replied
    Many thanks, Marianne Burgess and MHenry, for your kind and encouraging remarks. Although straight from my heart, this piece was also a struggle to write, and required a lot of time and focus. I am so pleased that it has gained a bit of attention and is still being read, even now—a full year following last year's contest. My sincere appreciation,
    pf

Leave a comment:

• Marianne Burgess
    replied
    Whar an amazing piece of writing! Proving absolute unconditional love from parent to child - as it should be...Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• MHenry
    replied
    I think Bruce really nailed it. This is a beautifully crafted piece of art. Every word carefully constructed to marry with those that come before it and those that come after it. The story is engaging and full of emotion of mother, daughter and son. Triumphant. Great work, pipersfancy!

Leave a comment:

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    I'm actually a bit surprised by all the views, although glad that the work is being read. Thank you for your time in reading and commenting, cc springer. This is a lengthy piece, and I think may appear a bit of a daunting read to some. Much appreciation,
    pf

• cc springer
    replied
    Pipersfancy. first of all, I think I was the 1,000 reader. Congratulations on hitting that milestone and with winning an award. this certainly is a great opus in structure and I like the flow from one section to the next. The subject matter is very difficult and personal but you handled it well. I'm sure that readers will learn by your experience and will be moved as I was.

Leave a comment:

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    It brings me joy to realize this poem is still being read, a year after posting it— and appreciated as a technically good work, that also tells a story. I tend to be a bit of a stickler on that... for me, part of the process of writing a formal poem is really focusing on the rhyme and meter, such that they become the foundation which disappears into the background of the story. (And, I am tickled pink when someone notes that to be the case!) Thank you so very much, LiMarie, for your kind words!

• LiMarie
    replied
    Moving and masterfully written this documentation of the journey thus far.. I agree with Bruce, it is beautifully flowing and unhampered by excessiveness in any form.

Leave a comment:

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    I'm so grateful for your comment, Bruce— Thank you. I worked the better part of a year on the rhyme and meter of this piece because I knew it had to be solid in order for the structure to virtually disappear into the story. I am humbled by your comparison to Longfellow and Frost. I can only aspire toward their brilliance.

• Bruce Hurley
    replied
    The content of your message seems to be the resonance point for most--and it is lovely--but the flow and meter and unforced structure of your rhyme is exquisite, reminding me of "the bards sublime," whose company you keep rather well. I love that the reader isn't forced to dig for the meaning, but neither is the poem sophomoric or trite--a balance found by your contemporaries in quantum time: Longfellow and Frost.

Leave a comment:

• The kurlman
    replied
    Your poem deserved them, KEEP writing!

Leave a comment:

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    How very kind of you to say - I appreciate your comments very much!
    PF

• The kurlman
    replied
    What beautiful words, written from deep in your soul and heart, you deserved your #1 prize, when words come from so deep inside, not one word could be WRONG! CONGRATULATIONS, The kurlman

Leave a comment:

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much for your kind sentiments... of course, I'd expect nothing less from an all around 'Nice Guy'! Sincere appreciation, and warmest regards, PF

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your feedback to this work - no need for pity! My child and I are very close, and our relationship is solid. While there will always be those in the world who would judge others, I believe society is slowly becoming more accepting through greater knowledge and understanding.
Working...
X