as memories of your perfume
    cling to my senses
    or, asif a phantom limb:
    forever gone but always there.
    With eyes closed,
    The Kiss (Gustav Klimt)
    shimmers in my sight and soul.
    Still, against my face,
    I feel your hair like warm, perfumed silk.

Finally, sleep cedes a grudging balm,
    dreams reign for what seems mere moments...
    and hope slowly awakens with the dawn.

* For anyone unaware, "The Hanged Man" is Tarot Major Arcana
    Last edited by D.F.Russell; 05-11-2022, 09:22 AM.

Well done, feel like I may have to research a few things in this and have a "hanged man moment" of my own to fully understand

I have done a piece on that card myself.. it is an important part of the "journey of tarot" to me

Comment

• D.F.Russell
      D.F.Russell commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. That said, I would not recommend looking for a first-hand experience
      Last edited by D.F.Russell; 05-09-2022, 08:27 PM.

Originally posted by D.F.Russell View Post
    Thank you. That said, I would not recommend looking for a first-hand experience
    [I had read your comment before you edited it.. but did not have time to respond at the time]

To me "a hanged man moment" is more of a moment to stop and think...
    Time for reflection, contemplation, analyzing, rest ... type things
    And in these cases... I would recommend them as they are required for you.

Comment

• D.F.Russell
      D.F.Russell commented
      Editing a comment
      "but did not have time to respond at the time..."

Probably for the best

"To me "a hanged man moment" is more of a moment to stop and think..."

Ummm... I guess one might see it that way.

https://www.tarot.com/tarot/cards/the-hanged-man

The origination of the card is the Norse/Germanic Odin myth.

https://urbansoultarot.com/odin-the-hanged-man/

Generally, It is seen less as a "moment to stop" and more of "you're trapped" and all one can do is to learn from a bad situation and hope to live through it. There is a VERY high element of sacrifice for acquired knowledge with it. That is, one may "volunteer" to suffer for knowledge.

The archetype is quite old... probably the oldest is The Epic of Gilgamesh and runs through Achilles to the cowboy / samuari movies etc of today.

My interest in the card was not tarot per se, but the tangential mythology and philosophy.

Forgive me if this sounds pedantic.

Generally, It is seen less as a "moment to stop" and more of "you're trapped"
    Fair enough.. but could you not stop before getting "trapped" and be unsure of your next move?

all one can do is to learn from a bad situation and hope to live through it. There is a VERY high element of sacrifice for acquired knowledge with it. That is, one may "volunteer" to suffer for knowledge.
    live through it, make the best of it.. turn the fertilizer of your life into flowers... great advice.
    i see my form of what you speak of as smoking.. though i could see other ways it could apply.. that are less physical..
    does sacrificing have to mean suffering?

The archetype is quite old... probably the oldest is The Epic of Gilgamesh and runs through Achilles to the cowboy / samuari movies etc of today.
    My interest in the card was not tarot per se, but the tangential mythology and philosophy.
    I have great respect for that....
    Your writing need not please me.. just makes it more fun when people engage.. no?

Forgive me if this sounds pedantic.
    Had to look the word up.. and no.. if I am wrong I would prefer to be corrected.. but good luck convincing me I'm wrong sometimes lol
    i can be kind of stubborn without proper facts/ details to change my mind.
    i know I'm not perfect.. i just prefer to think for myself.. and while i listen to others, i can only learn from those i can understand for myself

Comment

• D.F.Russell
      D.F.Russell commented
      Editing a comment
      ​"Had to look the word up"

That usually means "yes" LOL

Laughing at myself, not you. I can be abstruse... although some might spell it "obtuse."

"if I am wrong I would prefer to be corrected.."

Most people do, it's generally the circumstances surrounding the correction that creates problems

"i can be kind of stubborn without proper facts/ details to change mymind i know I'm not perfect.. i just prefer to think for myself.. and while i listen to others, i can only learn from those i can understand for myself"

Hamlet, act 1 scene 3, AKA Polonius' speech.

Made even more interesting, because Polonius seemed to ignore most of the advice he proffers. Shakespeare did seem to enjoy playing with his readers

​"Had to look the word up"

That usually means "yes" LOL
    Not this time. I speak honestly (sometimes the reason for my delays. i like to check myself, ensure emotions dont change)
    i genuinely enjoy learning new words, for education's sake.

i suppose not if you intended it condescendingly (which i did not sense)

Laughing at myself, not you. I can be abstruse... although some might spell it "obtuse."
    Laughter is the spice of life, i wont lose any sleep.. wasnt in my face (if it hypothetically was at me)
    another word to look up i appreciate it

"if I am wrong I would prefer to be corrected.."

Most people do, it's generally the circumstances surrounding the correction that creates problems
    good point. there is an art to the way you do it. you have to convince them they are wrong before they will listen.. typically..

Hamlet, act 1 scene 3, AKA Polonius' speech.

Made even more interesting, because Polonius seemed to ignore most of the advice he proffers. Shakespeare did seem to enjoy playing with his readers
    Very interesting.. i would enjoy reading it.. it would save me time / effort if you had a link to it?
    Last edited by FixXxer; 05-18-2022, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• D.F.Russell
      D.F.Russell commented
      Editing a comment
      "i suppose not if you intended it condescendingly (which i did not sense)"

No. I prefer to forgo subtlety, if it is my intent to insult; If I did, there would be no question

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/plays/hamlet_1_3.html

Starts around line 50.

Also, understand that it seems that Polonius was not one to practice what he preached... which makes his speech somewhat insincere

Google isn't your friend, but it can be useful.
Working...
X