After the Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Virus

the most striking thing since the stores started running out of toilet paper? the people on the streets full of smiles. i realized we were driven out together, for one reason or another. i rode my bike back and forth to my sister's, and all along the street it felt like if I could catch a certain wind at just the right time, i could fly by the others and feel how we were together but separate, each of us grinning. i feel stupid sometimes when i smile and no one is around, or even mischievous with an inner joke. but the air is fresh, and I will still continue to be outside beyond this "pandemic"-- making me wonder whether the others will, as well. it makes me think how much of this will permanently change how we live, and how much of it was temporary, a bother and nuisance? it all depends what we make it; and it's better to smile about whatever it ends up as than to rue what the news says.

Change is always permanent take it away and it will always be there even if you change back

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      that's somehow a comforting thought
      sure as light from the sun and warmth!

Nice reflection. It has always depended on what we make it. So I agree...let's make it as bright as we can! Hope you are well, poet friend.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      I am doing well, just winding up my night, thanks for reading and stopping by. Brighter every day! Always expanding! Love <3
Working...
X