X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal Star

Immortal Star

In the twinkling twilight glitter that reflects from off your car
    are my glints from ‘cross a billion miles of far off distant stars.
    Your learned say we stars have died and yet our light still keeps
    to race across the gaps of galaxies light-years love to leap.

When we exploded, blasting forth the elements in our light,
    we fed the newborn stars in stellar cribs who nursed thru night
    on gold and silver, nickel and copper, mercury, carbon and zinc
    to grow an Earth that grew a man who’s now our future link.

Most million years we lived and laughed to dance galactic Space
    as orbs of light which in your eyes were blinks of spectral grace
    and as we dim to be no more, our light stays pure and just
    when in the mirror you reflect the stardust made of us.

From death comes life, a natural law that governs even stars
    who send light ‘cross a billion miles to land upon your car
    and tell you true that you are Man, a legacy made of we
    who waited for you to carry within our immortality.

Namyh

Last edited by Namyh; 08-05-2019, 12:42 AM.

Beautifully orchestrated maestro! I’ve been blinded by your light reflecting from your penbrush 😎

Comment

I was just out stargazing with the grandkids a few weeks ago. It's wonderful when done out in the country and vast expanses are open to view. It always humbles me to think that I might be "seeing something that is no longer there" - as in burned out stars. I see the lingering light effects, but the stars themselves are done and gone.

Your poem captures memory of these experiences for me.

Comment

BobbyDB - Kinda makes ya proud to be an Earthling of elemental star construction. Any blindness from reflecting light infused with the nano-stardust in Namyh's penbrush will only be temporary and should leave you totally Immortal afterwards........good for another 200 years tops! LOL Thanks for the maestro and for your maestro words which make me really glad I paid the orchestra that day ! Namyh
        Last edited by Namyh; 08-06-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

AmenOra - Thanks for liking this. It definitely adds to my immortality. Namyh

Comment

I love poetry about the stars. Well done Namyh.

Comment

RLW - Makes this old poet mighty proud to have this work help recollect fond memories of stargazing for you, especially with the grandkids who one day might just take a trek to those stars long after we're gone, I guess every age must have its time.....even kids and even stars. Earth, a speck of planetary dust inside a solar system inside a galaxy inside a universe and I'm very happy to be alive on it now so our grandkids can inherit it later. Ahead Warp 7. Captain Namyh out...and thanks RLW for your immortal words.

Comment

Alexandra - Ancient physicians discovered that when babies were born, the thumb was often found down in the palm with the other 4 fingers wrapped around it. The baby, becoming aware of its environment, opened the fingers and released the thumb giving us a 'thumbs up' for life and at death the thumb often receded back into the palm where the fingers once again wrapped around it for a 'thumbs down' and death. We are Mankind and we live on a small planet in a tiny solar system inside a small galaxy of a universe barely out of its diapers which, even with its immensity, can't hold back our unique ability to leap beyond and envision new tomorrows in the precious moments between 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down'. Kinda makes me proud to be a member of a species made of stardust who one day might just bottle starlight. Keep looking up at those stars and I'll be looking up too. They do inspire....especially in we crazy poets. Thanks A. Namyh
                Last edited by Namyh; 08-18-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

JazzyG - Thanks JG for enjoying. You are a star and you will reign immortal in my book. Namyh

Comment

Working...
                  X