Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobGrantKC
    replied
    RhymeZone Forums was extremely important to me. When I joined the site – in April 2016 – I was truly humbled that so much talent would accept a Simple Rhymer. However, a few months ago I decided to pull away due to – what I felt – was an abundance of SPAM postings and comments.

Recently, I was asked to become a Moderator to assist the other Moderators – and Administrators - in combating these SPAM postings and comments. It was my honor to enthusiastically accept.

I pledge to take the time to review the site daily (multiple times) and take appropriate action when necessary. I thank you for your contributions, and if you are considering withdrawing your talents – or have already done so – I sincerely hope you will reconsider.

My email address is [email protected] if you have any concerns regarding material posted to RhymeZone Forums.

Leave a comment:

• KarenAllanoo9
    replied
    I like this! Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Namyh
    replied
    Namyh - I thank so many of you for finding a place in your heart for this "Heart to Heart" poem. Special shout out to you JPTurner for your poem. Loved it. Namyh

Leave a comment:

• David I, Fox
    replied
    Namyyh,
    I love this! Thanks for posting this!
    ~David I, Fox

Leave a comment:

• RuskinF
    replied
    Thanks.The post is beautiful

Leave a comment:

• John P. Turner
    replied
    Very cool, Namyh.

Born to Live and Die

We’re born some time to live—then die;
    Each of us asks: why?
    For life seems as a draining sieve—
    Done when it runs dry.

We’re born to be our best—or try;
    To laugh and sometimes cry;
    To learn our love will soon forgive
    The moment passing by;

We’re born to revel at the sky—
    And beauty to our eye—
    Not to gather up and hold
    As much as we can buy;

For, born to live a time, then die—
    What effort stands most high?
    Can it be to hoard up gold,
    Defy, deny and lie?

No, born some time to live—then die;
    Ask yourself just why.
    As much as you can gain to give
    There, the answer lies.

JPT3

Leave a comment:

• Rhymeboy
    replied
    Hey Namyh!!!!!!! Great piece! I appreciate the Egyptology lesson in the poetry. Excellent!! I;ve been a away a while I know. I'm glad to see you're still writing!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Namyh
    replied
    Thanks Jede for enjoying this one. Namyh

Leave a comment:

• Namyh
    replied
    DavidB - I try to write with clarity and I'm so glad you stopped in to sample some of it. Happy you enjoyed DB. Namyh

Richard - Makes a poet mighty proud to 'warm the heart' of a fellow poet with this work. Thanks Richard. Namyh
    Last edited by Namyh; 07-20-2019, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1963
    replied
    Heartwarming...I'm in tears. Reminds me of a experience I had a few years ago...just hard to describe in words. Thank you.
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 06-22-2020, 11:48 AM. Reason: Removed promo link.

Leave a comment:

• Davidbilla
    replied
    your poem is awesome so realistic.i'm also interested to read and write poems. If you are composing a poem because you want to gain a feeling that you experienced, then you don’t need these tips. Just record whatever seems right. Only you felt the feeling that you need to show, so only you will know whether your poem captures. Before you begin, ask yourself what you need your poem to “take.” Do you want your poem to search for personal action, protest social injustice, describe the beauty of creation, or play with style in a certain way? Once you know the end of your poem, you can submit your writing to that goal. Take each main factor in your poem and make it serve the main goal of the poem. is a great poem that gives mind freshness to everyone.
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 06-22-2020, 11:47 AM. Reason: Removed spam link.

Leave a comment:

• Namyh
    replied
    RhymeLovingWriter - The average heart weighs about 10 to 12 ounces. An immoral life increases its weight. A disrespect of others makes it heavier and a disregard for self adds tonnage. The Feather of Truth, which cannot be lied to, would detect the increase and there would be nothing you can do but accept the Fate you failed to change when you had the chance to live the golden rule and keep some poetry in your soul to lighten your heart. Mighty proud the message got through and I'll be adding your words at my heart's weigh in too. Kinda brightens the day when there's an RLW in it. Namyh

Leave a comment:

• Namyh
    replied
    Bobby Del Boy - Being judged may be a certainty we all face regardless of creeds, beliefs or religious upbringings. I guess it's never too late to change your Life. But if you wake up and hear someone say "Step Forward", it just might be. When it's time for my heart to be weighed, I would request that your wonderful words and those 10,000 likes be added to my side, which might be just sufficient enough to tip the scale in my favor and prevent a fate worst than death. Hallelujah! I'm feeling better already. LOL. Thanks BDB.................in advance! Namyh

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    Nicely crafted Namyh ...and such a beautiful message too!

Leave a comment:

• Bobby Del Boy
    replied
    A good hearted soul conjured a beautifully crafted poem with a life affirming message.
    10, 000 likes! ❤️

Leave a comment:

Working...
X