Why is the demon so strong?
    Why me?
    Why am I so hopeless?
    Why me?
    Why doe the light keep leaving?
    Why me?
    Will the demon ever leave?
    Why me?
    Am I destined to forever remain trapped?
    Why me?
    Will I ever find happiness?
    Why me?
    Will someone ever save me?
    Why me?
    Why am I alone?
    Why me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A. N. This is my first attempt at a free-verse! I hope you like it!!!

The repetition of why me gives it a structure. Sometimes there isn't an answer

Comment

Hi, I prefer your other writing I've read, I'll venture to tell you why...

Well, the refrain "why me" to my ear isn't musical, and doesn't quite carry the rhythm of this throughout... I have this feeling the Why me is a question best asked and answered by oneself... whereas here you're not seeming to truly consider it!
      On the flip side, you are emoting, sharing your mental state... the line "Why can't I find light?" I am really fond of!

I think the refrain of Why me tends to collapse because it's so culturally-ingrained in us. Like an automatic response. These are good questions, but it seems flat.

Hopefully it helps, and thank you for sharing, I always appreciate your posts!

Peace and love.

Comment

PotterHead - It's YOU because.......it's YOUR turn! Like it is for everybody else. Now make your own Destiny and by so doing save yourself!! Namyh
        Last edited by Namyh; 06-11-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X