sea-wards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea-wards

everything is black, from the sails to the hull to the sea to the flag.
    the wind cuts and moves the rippling fabric, the glints eaten out of the water like kisses, reflecting constellations on the underside of the ship.
    the water is thick, barely moving, as bubbles gather in eddies behind its wake.
    everywhere around, the rocks are lit, and the emptiness rings a soothing song. the wide open sea and the pirate heart beckon. as the world is remade, wave by wave, turned over and over, and the water cycles through its timely dance.
    no one is there to hear the creaking of the ship from the inside.
    the sun hits the sails, and they rip. the blackness changes, becomes deeper... and it is as if the sun behind this scene has invaded the shapes, and instead of filling the emptiness with light, has come from within matter to wed and unite.
    we meet on just the other side of that dark ship, almost moveless in the waves.
    and there we have no eyes nor need for mind, no tongue to question 'love'.
    here, beyond the halcyon surface one could almost walk upon, in the metal, falling sky, the flat calm reflects something more than light: a darkness, a knife.
    some how there is more than you and i.
    some how everything is turned back to white.

I enjoyed being carried on a ride of delightfully vivid imagery. It is very smoothly done and the images have a nice flow. I just seemed to glide through it.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for stopping by, friend

the glints eaten out of the water like kisses, reflecting constellations on the underside of the ship.
    a terrific evocation of sunshine on the chop of water and its reflections uplighting shadow

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for readin me, Johntee.
Working...
X