Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poet

The Poet

The Poet, as master of creation, sculpts with words from ideation.
    A poetic human Lens under Sun
    who must concentrate its rays and in bold exquisite ways
    tug the Heart and pluck its strings, one by one.

In a foxhole, words of Courage; out in Space, words of Hope,
    on a deathbed, poet’s words to feel alive
    are the jewels within a chest from the heart and head and breast
    of a poet’s driven quest to pen the scribe.

And even when ‘no inspiration’ is the poet’s root frustration
    and no wind to make a flag of words unfurl,
    Time will tilt the Lens to daylight
    bending words to pinpoint insight
    and one breath will hurl that scribe across the world.

So embrace the poet’s mission, as you write with proud submission
    to this self imposed commission that occurs.
    So that when you speak of Beauty, Love and Death, Truth and Duty,
    you’ll make Shakespeare smile with tears and lose his words.

Namyh

Hey Shakespeare, there are no words , only Namyh’s and they have left us with eyes wide and mouths wide open

Comment

Very enjoyable namyh thank you

Comment

BobbyBD - Now MY mouth is wide open from your words. Thanks BDB for stopping by and bringing your enjoyment with you. Namyh

Comment

Second - Mighty happy to inject a little poetic joy into your day. HH

Comment

ideation, a word
            not in my lexicon,
            previously unheard,
            a thoughtful creation

Comment

Johntee - Don't sweat it. The word wasn't in my lexicon either until I went searching for one which would define what I needed. My dictionary and Wikipedia....I luv 'em! So proud to donate the word Johntee. Hope it helps when most needed and thanks for stopping here at the Poet's cafe in sunny downtown Rhymezone where the sun always shines on ideation, especially of the poetic kind. Y'all come back, ya hear. Namyh

Comment

I likes. It's got the longer-lines at point which punctuate the experience of reading ... a nice rhythm that "unwinds" and snaps with cadence, easing thru it with concording rhymes and a "light" theme. I thought there were humorous moments here, such as the ending, using such plain phrasing contrasts with speaking of "Shakespeare"; melodramatic! haha Thanks for sharing, Keep em' coming!
                Last edited by amenOra; 03-21-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

AmenOra - Now I'm kinda glad I didn't forget to include punctuation, cadence, rhyme and humor; components illuminated by your wonderful grammatical dissection of this work showing the plain Shakespearean melodrama within. Whoa! Now I absolutely know you're a poet with surgical knowledge. Thanks for stopping in Dr. A. Namyh

Comment

So glad to be counted among you who do what you do - poets all!

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter - You are indeed a counted and most valued member of the well known RPWA (Rhymezone Poets and Writers of America) and will receive the new Badge of Membership in less than 7 days. It’s now equipped with a seek and destroy ‘your bad thoughts GPS', a thermonuclear lattice array to repel other people’s bad thoughts and a recently installed infra-red nullification deflector for when you just don’t want to think at all; required tools when in the very midst of poetic creation. Hallelujah! I enjoy them every day and I hope you do too. Thanks poet Paula for spendin a spell. Namyh
                      Last edited by Namyh; 03-22-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                        RhymeLovingWriter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Now that's a badge that has "merit". Get it? Merit badge? (You might have had to be a Boy Scout or a Scout's Mom or Dad to get that one.)

The poet, you described them well. I enjoyed your poem!

Comment

LovesDaisies - Mighty happy you stopped in for a spell and brought some sunshine with your words. I happen to love daisies and as long as I'm not pushing them up, it's nice to know I'll be able to smell the roses too. Thanks LD for enjoying this poem for poets. Namyh

Comment

RLW - The Merit Badge! You absolutely it deserve but don't leave it in the Sun more than two hours. NASA and the Atomic Energy Commission should be calling me back with the radiation test results anyday now. LOL.Thanks RLW for enjoying. Namyh....a long, long time ago Boy Scout!
                          Last edited by Namyh; 03-26-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed this Namyh. The struggles so true and bending words to express the sentiments. - very well done poet.

Comment

Working...
                            X