• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madness

The Madness

In the nightmare of some madness comes a moment of the mind
    when colors fade, stones dissolve, events compact in Time
    to weigh upon the pumping heart’s plunge before a sin
    whose gravity steals the rational mind’s breath to suck you in.

And there you stand, trembling without motion at the brink,
    morality pushing hard against the pull of what you think.

Out from that chaos crashing comes a thought on mounted wings
    to rescue sounds of sanity so confused by wrecks of things.
    ‘Tho faint and brief its life to live, like breaths of single words,
    it grabs the thunder’s lightning strike and stills your hovering bird.

And in that glimpse of clarity flash the colors which unfade,
    events outstretch and stones fall-in to march the mad parade
    along a road of rubble where the thought finds that lane
    which leads back where the real is just a step-over into the sane.

Namyh
    Last edited by Namyh; 03-02-2019, 12:51 PM.

The brink of madness. Outstanding Namyh!!

Comment

Alexandra - Ironic that civilization has always required a certain amount of Man's madness to produce Man's magic. Where would we sculptors, artists and poets be without our magic and our madnesses to create, especially since they are internal creative forces we always need at the brink of things. Thanks Alexandra for stopping here to enjoy a little "madness"........of the poetic kind! Namyh
      Last edited by Namyh; 03-03-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I got a little “Twilight Zone” feeling from this, Namyh! A surreal twist to make one question sanity. Interesting and enjoyable. Thanks!

Comment

Muttado - Good guess! The first episode of Twilight Zone with Earl Holliman was part inspiration for this work. Now I'm kinda glad that all came through with this piece. Mighty proud to deliver this "poetic surreal with a twist" for you. Namyh
          Last edited by Namyh; 03-13-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Namath, you’re a teriffic writer. I almost called you Rod. Oh and Autocorrect, I wanted Namyh not Namath. Rod yes, Namath no. Got it!
            Last edited by Bobby Del Boy; 03-12-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

BobbyDB - Mankind can be proud of itself despite its many flaws of greed, lust and power. We have navigated 7 million years of evolution convoluted with wars, famine, pestilence and biblical disasters which stand right alongside our more noble talents of creative inventiveness, leaps of imagination and industry building to the stars, proving without a doubt that ‘madness’ and ‘magic’ are components in each of us and whoever knowingly put them there was a whole lot wiser than we. From one mad poet who has often been sane to one sane poet who I hope has sometimes been mad, Thanks BDB. Namath, I mean Namyh and affectionately sometimes....Rod!. LOL.

Comment

Order out of Chaos! I like the theme! Great philosophical piece! Well done Namyh !!!!!!!!

Comment

Rhymeboy - "Order out of Chaos" - I like that RB and sometimes madness is often found somewhere between the two. It also sounds like the goal of my paycheck. Whoa! LOL. So very glad to deliver this piece to enjoy and thanks for stopping by Rhymeboy. Namyh

Comment

Working...
                  X