Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbols

RLW this piece had a picture to go with it but it's too large a file to fit
    you made a mention on your overwritten pictures of something similar that you had to fix.
    Any advice?

[IMG]file:///C:%5CUsers%5CW7_PAT~1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cm sohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.jpg[/IMG]Symbols

A holly branch at Christmas weds

in evergreen and cherry red

life reborn of redeeming blood.

That cheery berried festive bough,

once decking halls, is passé now,

skip past the past. It's overturned

by artifice .... as... table-set,

glass windowed, two by eight by six

in montage boxed, flame cooly burns

Led lit ... while faked-fir, bonsai'd, gets

Santa's gifts, ... shrunk.. to fit his means.

I was working on a Mac, so I used the tools available in the photo section on the machine to reduce the resolution and resave until I got the size down to something that would fit within the rhymezone parameters. It was trial and error for me, as I'm still learning about the process. Think it took me four tries before it was small enough to be accepted. I'm sure there's a much easier way to accomplish those ends.

Any other zoners out there who are tech savvy and can help JT?

I love the sentiment of your poem (FYI - I still have holly around - oh wait, it's plastic. Oops.) I do try to have some fresh fir branches somewhere - for the smell of evergreen.

Comment

• Johntee
      Johntee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RLW I have it on my tablet and tried an app called Pixlr which cuts it down but only wants to save to Facebook, the cloud etc. I usually save to USB but that's not provided for.

Wow, punchy little poem, I enjoyed that! Short of finding an actual App/script on a website to resize images in realtime, I could do this for you and upload it (or send you the smaller pic) very easily. Provided I had the source image file for download
    Let me know if I can help !

Comment

Working...
    X