Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire-Sky

Sunset August 2018 w poem .jpg

I had to resize/resave this several times so it would fit the Rhymezone parameters. Hopefully the quality didn't suffer too much.

Light graced
    by dark spaces
    balanced traceries
    a legend left displaced

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Sunset (and sunrise) are two of my favorite times of day. Beauty abounds. Thank you for looking and leaving a comment JT!

What I noticed was the lack of conjunction made it sort of slippery: but the final image is distinct, what I see as a smoldering sun on the horizon, and that's the artistry of this poem, the language seems to go against regular flow of sentencing, to end up with that coherent image... I like the vrious associations i've gotten, sun going down, poem ending, watching-blazing.
    Thanks -- thanks for sharing

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting you should comment so amenOra. I originally had more joining words but removed them. I came across the image (taken last August on the farm during a particularly striking sunset) and the contrast was so vivid - even sharper on the original than on this image. It seemed fewer words better mirrored my awe.

Thank you for taking a look and letting me know how it came across!

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      O yea! No problem. Definitely the contrast works and the pic goes well with the words
Working...
X