The man at the back has a Ballroom Blitz
    Drunken stumbles on dance floor grasps tits
    Her alarm goes off as she sings shang a lang
    Bay City Roller is slapped hard with a bang

All sing along to anthems of youth
    In the morning the hangover truth
    Blockbuster night although it was sweet
    Fashion of seventies would not repeat
    Last edited by Parkinsonspoet; 10-24-2018, 04:07 AM.

Hello Parkinsonspoet, I remember it all and you have captured it brilliantly. Like reading an old diary whilst cringing at what we dared to wear. Well done, a great verse indeed. All the best to you, Tony.

Comment

• Parkinsonspoet
      Parkinsonspoet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Tony This was a bit frivolous but you are kind. A gentleman as always

I find it invaluable this sort of experience distilled, and as a younger generation, that period for me has changed (the way I see it, from hearing first hand accounts) and yet still what remains is the fact that those who were there talk about how miraculous things were. This was dense, poet. Along with the cool use of language rhythms, crisp rhymes.
    Nearly 50 years ago, and I feel like a part of me is truly back there, yet I'm merely 30. So much changed back then, and I am glad to see more poetry/knowing of the infamous 70s.
    Ps Some of the references like proper nouns were lost on me, but I can appreciate how it would not be lost on someone from there Thanks for sharing. Good poetry.

Comment

Parkinsonspoet - The Transporter is no longer on the Enterprise. It's right here parked in the Rhymezone. This was great and I remember that time so well. My memories flooded back, the music, the bands, the dancing, my old hush puppies. Whoa! Thanks P for resurrecting some of yesterday and it's much missed breath of fresh air. It was a time of wonderful innocence and low cost drugs. Now you got me all misty eyed and I can't find my Holiday Inn towel anywhere. LOL. You did real good P. Namyh
      Last edited by Namyh; 10-24-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Parkinsonspoet
        Parkinsonspoet commented
        Editing a comment
        A time of innocence yet full of guilty pleasure. I am pleased my enterprise was so worthwhile Thank you.

Someday well look back at our present fashions and laugh as well. Good one as always!

Comment

Crocs? who needs to look back to laugh

Comment

good old day. great remembrance poetry and a flash back will be taken place to most readers. very insightful to life in the 70 or the parties of the 70's.

Comment

Ah, the 70s. My least favorite decade of my life. But the music was good. As is this poetic reminder. Thanks for the remembrances, at least the good ones, Pp!
            Last edited by Muttado1sb; 10-25-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X