a blade of grass on dry land,
    a corner patch on some crazy quilt
    where good and evil reign.

But greatest wonder, your relentless search
    to jump the stars in a single lurch,
    to sit on God’s cosmic perch
    and view the Earth again!

Namyh
    Last edited by Namyh; 10-21-2018, 07:19 PM.

Not only star gazing - but star hopping - love the expansive feel of this!

Comment

RLW - The learned ones say that after 7 million years of evolution, we only got efficiently functioning brains in the last 2 million of those. Of that 2 million, we only got around to starting civilization in the last 20 thousand of those. And of that 20 thousand, most of the major inventions of our modern society only happened in the last 200 of those, fortunately allowing me to enjoy a delicious pizza in the last 2 minutes of those. Kinda makes me proud to be a star gazing/star hopping member of a species who walked out of a cave and onto a moon and didn’t settle for what was but envisioned what could be or otherwise I’d never be able to enjoy this pepperoni. So glad to inject an "expansive feel" into your day. Now I got one again. Thanks RhymeLovingWriter. Namyh
      Last edited by Namyh; 10-22-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

did not need a telescope to read this. loved the line "first footprints on heavens gate" this poem was a journey of pleasure.

Comment

A grain of sand has how many atoms. To small or large to understand. How will it all end, my guess the way it began, beautifully written.

Comment

Earth. It's a good place to be from. And when the sun shines just right, you can see it from here. Over near this fine poem. Nice, Namyh!

Comment

Poemzone - We dream so we can envision what can be and not have to settle for only what is. We’re built to make dreams come true. Edison said that if you want to invent something, take a pile of junk and add imagination. When something is tantalizingly out of reach, it’s amazing how Man will stretch his imagination over and over, even with a telescope to see, until he gets it. Somebody up high knew what they were doing when they set that one up. So happy to inject a "journey of pleasure" into your day PZ where one stop hopefully puts a "footprint at heaven's gate". Thanks Poemzone. Namyh

Comment

Divot - I believe it was Blake who said "To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower is to hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour". Whoa! If that's not a 'glimpse' of the atoms in everything, I don't know what is. Thanks Divot for dropping by and also for your words of enjoyment. Namyh

Comment

Muttado - Earth is indeed a good place to be from. We live on this planet that rotates over 800 miles per hour, races yearly around a Sun centered solar system at 66,000 miles per hour which speeds through a Milky Way galaxy at 400,000 miles per hour which in turn runs the galactic circle of the Universe at 1,000,000 miles per hour. Whew! What is most profound is that we are that speck of dust in this staggering immensity with an ability to think and it can't be contained by a Universe which dwarfs it. Makes me proud to be home here to write about it. Now can someone please get me a rum strong raspberry latte or two. I'm dizzy as hell!. LOL. Thanks a cosmic load Muttado. Namyh
                  Last edited by Namyh; 10-24-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X