as the graves gather dust today, the shine
    from sunlight obliterates what I want,
    and my passion burns invisible fire
    on the wheel of my being, that shelf
    which holds my lips and my fingers, toes;
    how the end of all of the scales
    tips towards you in a sort of dance--

and you've got it; you lost it too.

reference to death and with the graves and the tittle of the poem I conclude why the fade tittle. the ending of poetry is what has gripped me. is this to highlight someone that has chucked away something special or never took the opportunity. I suppose that is the power of poetry and it is up to the reader. just want to thank you for sharing this well written interesting poem. g2g paradise is calling.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      hey, poemzone. This could be seen as that yes, I wrote it feeling as if I should value things more, the beauty of the process of becoming IS also Autumn, with these seasons comes the various changes. I am moved by them, so I hope good poetry comes from it.
      The fading part is my coming to grips with the fact that every day ends, with new days come new seasons, and I want to share with my reader that What is loss and gain is Something to think about, in the end

got that spectacularly wrong then. sorry amenora.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      O lol I wouldn't say 'wrong', I see it as someway a caution that Because the seasons (the paradise) fades, we should come to terms with impermanence. hehe Thanks for the comments Poemzone.

Ps the ending is "double" in nature, seeing as I wanted it to signify that someone who HAS "chucked it away", is still in that dance of "having and not having" hope you're well.
      Last edited by amenOra; 10-20-2018, 01:08 AM.

Amenora a very enjoyable read not just to the language and skill but also due to the investment of yourself in the poem. That extra ingredient makes it all the more exquisite

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, I see much seasonal stuff here and this feels that way as well. I guess that extra ingredient is Earth, mother nature. Thanks for the comment, hope you're doing well... Thanks for the read!
Working...
X