Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Pigsfeet

Flying Pigsfeet

Ann had cooked the pigsfeet. Cat and Alice brought the steaks.
    Clare arrived with vegees and Sarah’s tasty cakes.
    Family members talked and laughed before we took our seats.
    The house was filled with smells of food. I couldn’t wait to eat.

It was a lavish dinner on the eve of Halloween.
    The table was bedecked with food. What a scrumptious scene!
    We all sat down and bowed our heads while Pete, he said the grace.
    Then, everyone began to eat at a wondrous tasty pace.

The steak was tender, the vegees right, can’t wait for cake and pie.
    Poured hotsauce on my pigsfeet when something caught my eye.
    All plates began to tremble. The food commenced to fling.
    Shocked I was by an eerie sight. The pigsfeet sprouted WINGS !

They hovered over table. The guests were wide-eyed shocked.
    Pigsfeet began to chase us like an evil was unlocked.
    One divebombed and landed on top of Cat’s combed hair.
    She dropped her purse and started cursing “Get the hell out there!”

Another raced ‘cross the room colliding on Ray’s thigh.
    The one I saw came straight at me and barely missed my eye.
    The dinner was delicious but no longer was it fun.
    The guests had bolted from their chairs and now were on the run.

No sooner had they started, then silence made them STOP !
    They peered around the corner and the pigsfeet all had dropped.
    What made them fly’s a question. The answer? Not routine
    ‘cause we thought Twilight Zone had landed here on Halloween!
    Well, that was last night’s dinner but our fears continue on
    since we have breakfast invites and my stomach’s not too strong.

Before you eat those peas and corn, toast or slice of beef;
    before you roast those chicken legs, look well at what you eat.
    If it turns its head or winks and you miss that single cue,
    you’ll think it’s hot and smelling good but this food may eat you!
    Then YOU’LL be in the stew! Now give that thought a chew!
    That’s it. Now, I’ve warned you!

Namyh

Enough to turn me vegan...almost. I like the seasonal inclusion of Halloween in this too. You have a monstrous imagination, Namyh.

Comment

LMAO Namyh ! Funny piece! Just in time for Halloween! Great job Namyh! Hey Namyh what do you know about pig's feet? From your piece you seem to be well acquainted with them . . . but your username suggests otherwise.

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter - Hoped you would be passing by. So we saved a plate for you. Come on dig in before the flying begins and we all gotta start running. Whoa!LOL. Glad to put a "half vegan" smile on you RLW......almost! Namyh

Comment

Hello Namyh, A most peculiar and bizarre banquet if ever there was one. Too much wine taken, perhaps? I do like pig's feet, crubeens, we call them, though I've never seen one fly, no matter how drunk,I was. A poem and a feast to remember, without a doubt. Do take care now. Fond regards, Tony.

Comment

TonyG - So glad you came to this bizarre poetic banquet of the flying pigsfeet or "crubeens"(I love that word). You may have been drunk Tony and never saw one fly. I was rum drunk and saw two flying on my left and two flying on my right and I can still hear those wings fluttering. Whoa! Now you know the inspiration for this feast of a work!! Don't tell anybody at the Rhymezone. Poets! You gotta love 'em! LOL. Always good to hear from the Celtic Tiger himself.......TonyG. Namyh
            Last edited by Namyh; 10-16-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Oh my, sort of spooky just in time for Halloween!
              Doodle-oodle-doodle-oodle you are now entering... the Twilight Zone.

Comment

Rhymeboy - No created work ranks higher than when a kindred poet pins a LMAO to it. Mighty happy to tickle all the funny bones with this one. As far as knowing about pigsfeet, I know I like them with hot sauce and a beer. Sometimes this was a trick to write but I'm so glad it was a treat you liked. Trick or Treat Rhymeboy! And thanks for spendin' a spell here. Namyh
                P.S. - Whoa! Okay! Now tell me about my username and pigsfeet. This has gotta be good!!!
                Last edited by Namyh; 10-16-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Stardate 203497 - This is Captain Namyh of the starship Rhymestone where we've just beamed on board Dag, poet/philosopher of screen, stage and television fame, who has elected to jump Warp to Epsilon7 with us to the spooky land of Doodle-Oodle there in sunny downtown Pigsfeetville, just 2 city blocks from that shiny new SlimeZone mall on HotSauce avenue directly across the Halloweenee bridge. LOL. So buckle up pilgrims and take a deep breath 'cause here we go! Okay punch it Scotty......Vroom! Thanks Dag for riding along and I hope you had fun doing it. Namyh
                  Last edited by Namyh; 10-17-2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

out standing - bit of animal farm I got from this poetry. brilliant and so funny to read. extremely well written.

Comment

Poemzone - We have smogged up the atmosphere and Mother Earth is in a state of rebellion with the effects of global warming. We have countries where tyranny still holds its foot on the neck of the people and they are in a state of rebellion. We have food that has been mishandled, mishapened and abused with an indifference that would make a Mad Cow cry and it’s in a state of rebellion. This was just a poetic outlet for their voices and the weirdness is only beginning. What would we do if Cheese-Whiz and Velveeta started to resist or......is resistance futile! Whoa! LOL.Your words brighten the dayPZ. Thanks. Namyh

Comment

An eerie tale, well told.

Comment

DWAYNE - So very glad to bring an "eerie tale" to your day and I hope pigsfeet in flight fits that bill. Thanks for your words D. Namyh

Comment

Working...
                          X