For our Mail Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For our Mail Carrier

I am a Champion Procrastinator when it comes to anything associated with assembly, repair, or replace. I had put off replacing our mailbox for a long time until my wife marched me to the store and bought a new one. Then I was given the detestable task of assembling and installing the thing. After completion – I wrote the following Rhyme, and taped it inside the mailbox, for our mail carrier. I am certain he thought that I was a Loony Old Man but he did leave a note, “Thank you – it looks good.”

Mail Box Old.JPGMail Box New.JPG
    “Mr. Handy” I am Not,
    Erecting this Took all I Got.
    Was the Worst one ‘Round these Blocks,
    Hope this Is my Last Mail Box!

Attached Files

I identify with the repair aversion, Bob. I had to replace a mailbox a few years ago, and it was a mighty effort, indeed, if I do say so myself. The old mailbox was so rusted on to its post that I ended up having to smash it to pieces with a mallet to remove it. All worked out in the end.

Comment

:O Woah, I really like that. Been there, and we were in the dark eventually outside cementing it in there. It wasn't so bad so I'm fortunate for that. Yours looks nice, as does the poem which says much in little space.
      Last line was really effective, hits home!

Comment

If instructions go past Diagram A&B - I am lost. These diagrams went all the way to "H" - I was lost. I must admit that I put a few things on backwards - wrong nuts and bolts for the holes - before I got it correct. However, this morning it is still standing!!!!

Comment

• amenOra
          amenOra commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a beautiful thing

I'm thinking you MADE HIS DAY! How many new mailboxes come with rhyme? And since we're going to soon be needing to replace the one that Mom & Dad have used for over 25 years, I might just write a rhyme of my own to include for fun. You've inspired me!

Comment

I would be surprised if this was not a first for them - let me know how yours goes, please.

Comment

If this is a "before
            and after" shot
            where did the pots
            and deck relocate?

Comment

The old mailbox relocated to the junk by the deck. At least here - they are picky what the weekly garbage will accept. We have to accumulate odds and ends and then make an appointment for a special truck to pick it up.

Comment

Great work Bob.
                Even your straight answer has me laughing.
                At first sight I thought you'd said the junk by the deck
                was picky about what it would accept (as fellow junk).
                "We may be junk but we do have our standards!"
                Last edited by Johntee; 09-12-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Just another area of proud procrastination for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X