Together
    but not with
    Acknowledging each other
    only to stay apart
    And getting the joy they sought
    they go
    Leaving as alone
    as they arrived

Great to see your name in the queue sir! Your work has been missed. This has the read of a riddle, and I, must read again to meet your mark.

Comment

• Muttado1sb
      Muttado1sb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, RLW. It isn't meant to be a riddle, just an observation of a wildflower.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! The joke is on me. I'm so used to not understanding works I read here that I figured there was some 'other' metaphorical meaning I was missing. Now that you've explained the obvious - I'm going to look for some wildflowers to observe!

Enjoyed this Mutaddo.

Comment

• Muttado1sb
      Muttado1sb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, AtL. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Without the heading, I would never have guessed it was about wildflowers, Muttado. I l found the word Boneset compelling, quite apart from its botanical usage. Overall, I read it as if it were commenting on humanity in general.

Comment

• Muttado1sb
      Muttado1sb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, grant. I had never heard of the boneset either until one grew in my yard, giving me the flower as the stage, the setting; the many and varied butterflies, bees, bugs that visited it the actors; life the subject. Not only did I learn of a new (to me) flower and bugs (I saw one of Parkinsonspoet's Admiral butterflies), I also got a poem I enjoyed from it.
      Last edited by Muttado1sb; 09-11-2018, 07:39 PM.

Cool, I love wild flowers! My first "observation" was that the beginning of the lines ... mixing capital letters and lower case ... it was quite effective, and usually in my own writing it bothers me to see the un-uniformity. Otherwise this was well written, and I thank you for sharing with us! --Didn't know what "boneset" refers to, but now I do, and I like playing around with the idea of a double meaning of a poem.
    I too thought it was about "us" in general, our differences blinding us into painful "aloneness", beginning the poem and ending it as well.
    Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Muttado1sb
      Muttado1sb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, amenOra. Without end line punctuation I like to use the capitalization or not to carry the flow of the poem, so I'm glad you found it effective. I like how life can be viewed with different meanings, so I'm happy you were able to see different things in the poem, seeing in the interactions of bugs on a flower similarities to interactions between "us".
Working...
X