• Show
Clear All

• Oars for the Sky

in the branch-breaking wind, howling and storming,
    the large willow weeps especially dramatic, that her crown
    is so tossed around, and ever so often from the tossing
    you'll find while the rest of her reeds are bent down hanging,
    yes, there on her crown the top points upwards and bucking,
    wild like a crowd with their arms out, green-sleeved in light.

and lightning rives in half the sea-green sky's deep hue:
    an alien look alarming me, the sky a perfect stormy sea.

Hey I love this one!
    My favourite line is: Lightening rives in half the sea-green sky's deep hue.
    Love it!

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that line too, thanks, just sharing a memorable quote, from "Shelley": Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.
      Peace!

So much I liked about this poem.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear! Drafted it on my walk a few days ago; the Weeping willow so beautiful! ty AtL!

Wow this reads like fire. It is consuming and beautiful.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      Fire has come "up" lately, and I am glad it shone thru!!

One of my favorite trees is the Weeping Willow Tree I wrote several poems about it. One of which is so sad I consider it beautifully toxic! Your poem is beautiful . . . I can imagine the poor wind-swept willow in agony! Well done amenOra!

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I recall reading one of yours about the same, now that you mention it! It has a special place in my heart, for all the reasons in the world Thanks

Incredible movement achieved here! I'm confident you captured what you witnessed. Bravo!

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      I think movement inside equates to movement outside, or there should be some ratio of harmony there... It's just now clearing up, drying. O how I love a storm!

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      Ps ty very much!

I can see what you're poetising here, amenOra; it's like an impressionist painting. I'd quibble at the descriptive phrase "especially dramatic"; it seems hardly necessary to tell us this - in prosy diction - when the whole piece shows it so convincingly. And the descriptor "large" for the willow seems a bit flat.

I've seen faces form in the leaves of windblown trees, so I relate to the fascination with such movement that you capture here so winsomely.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for the insight, i agree with that, have to tinker with what i mean n how i shall say it. nature is the best!
Working...
X