• what happens?

we meet
    turned into two
    different people.

or-

we meet turned
    into two
    different people.

I have mulled this over in mind for a surprising number of times considering it is the same words with just a change of emphasis. Thank you for making me think

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      well I am glad it provided such consideration. Same here. I'm still mulling it over, not sure about it, may seem 'plain'. Thanks for stepping in.

This is an excellent example the effects of line endings on phrases: two short poems, of exactly the same words, with just one word repositioned: turned.

The first is more logical, and has an easier flow; the line break between meet and turned creates enough of a pause to disentangle the final and initial /t/ sounds. In the second, we meet turned speeds up the line, pushing the adjacent pair of /t/ together. I feel that the semantic weight is on turned in the second, whereas in the first it on meet.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      thankya this probably misses some element of senryu but I thought it had some "spark", some interest. i agree with that, eloquent summary. peace!

we meet
    turned into two
    different people.

Enhanced
    Diminished
    by interchange.
    To stay isolate
    is homeostasis'
    best bet.

Comment

• amenOra
      amenOra commented
      Editing a comment
      right-- empathy can cost us a lot to where we need to recuperate, sometimes.
Working...
X