Kudos hound

Flattery freak

Ovation fiend

Big hand buff

Bravo queen

Applause nut

Approval seeker

Poet.

Well this didn't go anywhere, really Until I finally saw the word "Poet" at the end. That worked out well, actually. Nice pivot, fellow poet. lol

Comment

How many ways
      to advertise
      what is sought
      in others eyes.

Comment

I hope I can express my thoughts without being offensive.
        I am afflicted with the need to please people. It is a curse. This affliction often requires me to sacrifice my own needs. Not that I might be applauded. Not that I might be lauded. Rather that I might be accepted.
        I also happen to write poetry. Yes, I hope that what I write is pleasing or understandable to the reader. Yes, I want to be accepted in this community. However, I write for me with the hope that what I say might communicate with another.
        To suggest that all poets are attention mongers seems to me to be social profiling, stereotyping.
        Because I happen to love your verse and presentation I do not want to offend you. If I have done so please forgive me.

Comment

• Sister Greed
          Sister Greed commented
          Editing a comment
          No offense taken. This piece is about the agony of posting and waiting to find out the responses of your peers. It’s sheer torture for me so I decided to make a bit of a joke about myself. Hope I didn’t offend.

• rhymetime
          rhymetime commented
          Editing a comment
          You did not offend at all. I am pretty much unoffendable. I completely understand the posting and waiting. I now see the self deprecating humor.
          It is, as they say, all good

I noticed the "light" humor, when I noticed the final word "poet" -- I knew you weren't being too serious or brooding or pointin' fingers. You were expressing somethin' common to probably most all who come here. It's like wanting "likes" too. A hit of that dopamine.

Anyway I guess I didn't have to write that, but I felt like reiterating ...

Looping
        Repeating
        Rephrasing

Poets.

Comment

Working...
        X