We search for life’s fulfillment,
    We pray for what we lack.
    But the only god who'll grant that
    Knows all hearts are naturally black.
    It scours calmly through the tainted
    Without a touch of shame,
    For what can Death repent of
    When all man are like hell’s flame?

Wow, just realized this might be a little dark for my first poem in a long while. Please pardon

Comment

I love the pictures you've conjured with this, Darthvader! It has some really powerful imagery, and I appreciate that it's written in meter and with rhyme. I'm sort of a sucker for those in poetry.
      Thanks for posting this! It was a very enjoyable read, and not too dark for me at all. It made me think a bit of The Book Thief, one of my favourite books I've read in a while.

Comment

• Darthvader
        Darthvader commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I love The Book Thief!!! Haven't read it in far too long, I really should, though. Thank you so much, NY Sonnet! I'm a sucker for meter and rhyme as well. I don't really write poems without them because, well, I don't know how. I feel my writing never sounds right without a sure formula with meter and rhyme. Thanks!
        Last edited by Darthvader; 04-14-2018, 07:13 AM.

• N. Y. Sonnet
        N. Y. Sonnet commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally get you there! Recently I've tried foraying into the realm of *shudder* free verse, but my attempts were frankly awful. So I just stick with meter and rhyme, I definitely think that The Book Thief is worth a reread... actually, I might just be picking it up to read again come summer time!

It is dark and somber DV - but then that is one aspect associated with death - so not surprising at all. Welcome back. Good to see your name in the queue.

Comment

• Darthvader
        Darthvader commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I am very glad to be back!

It is dark but very much Darth style we’ve missed. Good to see you posting again.

Comment

• Darthvader
        Darthvader commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww, thank you. It feels good to be back, I've missed you guys!!

Nothing is dark when someone has the light to write and someone has the light to read and some can say TY DV

Comment

• Darthvader
        Darthvader commented
        Editing a comment
        The second, that means a lot, thank you

Hello Darthvader, A cold and brittle breeze stirs the darkness into rhyming shame into Hell's flame. It is dark but I love it for its poetry in pure moonlight. Well done, indeed. You are in fine health, I hope, Tony.

Comment

• Darthvader
        Darthvader commented
        Editing a comment
        I am, thank you for asking. I trust you are too? And thank you, this means a lot!!

The dark is nothing to be afraid of . This is excellent!

Comment

• Darthvader
        Darthvader commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, thank you, lunar glide

Makes me think of the poetic concept that, well, if you see the inside of a heart, then it probably isn't supplying blood anymore. The blackness inside the heart is true! So that juxtaposition of sunlight (against) the heart, that is beautiful to me! Ty Darth.

And from someone with that name, I wouldn't expect Teletubby poetry lol. I know what ya mean. I think it is a balance of (darkness) and what's more important is that it is beautiful, it connects on many levels, your poem. So thankya!

Comment

Oh, amenOra , you continue to astound me. I feel you understand me more than I do of myself. Thank you so much for reading and commenting, best wishes!!

Comment

Darthvader Wow Darth, I temporarily missed all the fun. Look at how you pulled all of these amazing poets into the silhouetted dark with you. I admire the space in your brain from where this came.

Comment

• Darthvader
            Darthvader commented
            Editing a comment
            Alas, that space is mostly cold and empty, but it will occasionally produce something worthwhile. All the same, thank you, you flatter me.
        Working...
        X