Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage Self

Writing Prompt:

If I could talk to my teenage self, the things I would say are…

It’s ok that you got caught masturbating with the shower massage when you were eleven

When someone in band class wrote on the blackboard “Paula Wentworth is a Dyke” and you burned in humiliation, you’re not burning now, are you? We’re ok.

Remember when your mom caught you smoking and you burned your finger on the match when you lit your Marlboro Light 100? You gave me the sign to quit smoking yesterday.

You know how you thought you were going to be famous and change the world? It didn’t work out. I took the wrong path: business vs. art. It’s ok. We’ve changed our world. And I’ve overcome our addiction for mass adoration. Except this one thing...I’m in this poetry club call the Rhyme Zone. I’ll tell you about it later.

If only we could talk to our teenage selves but would they listen. They feel the burn, life heals the burn if we live and learn. Sister every time you write here you change my world and make it a little better

Comment

What a pleasure Parkinsonspoet!

Comment

Nice. I am going through ... similar stuff. Acceptance, "driving all blames into one" as the mental slogan of lojong puts it. Many other things. To explore the psyche in this way is beautiful, true.
        Thank you for sharing

Comment

• Sister Greed
          Sister Greed commented
          Editing a comment
          When I studied Kabbalah, the key was removing the bread of shame. So I made a list of all my shames. Then I made a list of all perceived inadequacies. Soon I accepted ME. Wow. It’s a good thing and worth the work.

Sharp and brittle like the candy I love. sweet, I will take many bites Thank You

Comment

• Sister Greed
          Sister Greed commented
          Editing a comment
          😂 Thank you.

You are influencing this world; one word at a time! Raw and honest; just what I have come to expect; and respect.
        Last edited by mooneyblack; 03-11-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Sister Greed
          Sister Greed commented
          Editing a comment
          Mooneyblack thank you for your kind and empowering words! Very much.

Long time to carry crosses. Glad you found a way to lay them down.

Comment

Owning what you are,
          making what you will be,
          happy with yourself,
          on a journey.

Comment

• Sister Greed
            Sister Greed commented
            Editing a comment
            Love it. 😄
        Working...
        X