soothing prickles
    left
    by
    weather
    meant to tether
    hope to dustbin.
    Can we begin dreaming hum
    of spring to come?

Well, drat. I had this all formatted to follow the shape I wanted and it looked great in the preview, but when I hit the 'save' button, that special formatting was lost. If I figure out a way to fix and save, then I'll edit.
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 02-21-2018, 09:44 PM.

What shape
    should it take?
    Does an edit
    three minutes
    after post
    indicate success?
    Spring won't be arrested
    at any cost
    and blooms delayed
    are yet not lost.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      No, still no success with the shape, but the words are as I want them. It was late and I ran out of steam last night to do more. I'm feeling pumped after shoveling snow this morning though, so if the rest of my schedule permits, I might get to it later today. You are so right about Spring on the way...and I'm looking forward to more of its first signs. Thanks for the read and comment!

The words are great leaves me dreaming of spring

Comment

Oh Spring is around the corner.

Comment

Nearly there, yes, love the hopefulness.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
          Editing a comment
          We had glazing today (sleet/rain last night that froze overnight) and it's predicted for one to three inches of new snow tomorrow. We're taking baby steps, but we're getting there, and the earth needs the moisture.

Spring is around the corner Paula and we are on the same page. Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Comment

You must have have fixed it, RLW, as I see the first tulip of Spring in this lovely poem! Here, Spring is springing and has been for over a week, which I was fortunate to be able note in ‘The Greening’, and which the big nor’easter windstorm did nothing to slow.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad you saw a bit of a tulip Muttado1sb. I never did get it fixed though I tried a couple of different things. It looked even more 'tulip-y' before. Glad the storm didn't dampen your spring-ward journeying!
        Working...
        X