waved in wondrous motions too,

for miles and miles this mass of

golden meets the wilding winds.

I can not sink beneath its depth

nor see its shores - but oh, it carries

me, the same - away and back again.

It soothes my soul with what can be

and loses me in all that waits beyond.

A challenge to write something about the 'sea'. When this is all I 'see", this is what I came up with. :)

By land or by sea this poem enthralls me. I love the photo prompt although you already painted a perfect personification with your penbrush. Double our pleasure Paula. ❤️

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bobby. Actually, the picture came after the poem was written. The challenge was to write a poem about the sea. I already had something like the picture in my mind's eye (and for many years in my heart), so I went to find a photo to match!
      Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 02-04-2018, 09:54 PM.

Beautiful photo and poem.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Alex. The photo is from an online site where you can get free photos, but I could probably take something very similar during the harvest time around June where I'm from originally.

You have expressed the shining sea beautifully! This is one of those poems that i am thankful i got to read it!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Well thank you LG! Are you all set for the amazing lunar event (happening tonight in our neck of the woods) - blue moon, wolf moon, blood moon, lunar eclipse? We're not in the prime viewing path, and it may be cloudy, but I hope I catch a glimpse because it's described as awesome to behold.

• lunar glide
      lunar glide commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol you know it!

tinged with dreamy rhythm, and pace. Calming, thank you!!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome! The wave motion, of water or wheat, can indeed have a calming effect.

Transportive in its beauty!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you DWAYNE. Hopefully to a good place?

• DWAYNE
      DWAYNE commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely!

I always shake my head in wonder when someone talks about how boring driving through the Midwest is " all flat with endless fields". I wonder how they miss the mystery and wonder of the earth. The primal beauty, the cycle of life. As I travel I will often stop, sit on the roof of my truck and absorb the endless power and beauty of seemingly endless fields of life- living, growing, giving.

The picture is beautiful but the words are exquisite.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you rhymetime. I think perhaps it's something you just have to experience. I also love to watch the ocean when we've lived near there - or other large bodies of water. But I'm in the club that finds beauty in nature wherever you reside. Sounds like you are too!

Innocent auguries
    grace your hand.
    "To see the world
    in a grain of sand."

(Stolen from Blake,
    lyricism included)
    Last edited by Johntee; 02-02-2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

An ocean of love expressed about an ocean of grain. Very ingenious respone to the prompt, RLW! I can feel the joy you express.

Comment

Hello RhymeLovingWriter, What a beautiful description of a gold woven ocean. A sight to behold, especially so, when dancing with the wind beneath a blue sky and rushing clouds. Your passion awes upon every line. Fond regards, Tony.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Oh thank you Tony Grannell - for this generous comment. I'm thankful that the feeling behind the scene came through!
Working...
X