Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Parkinsonspoet, Great to hear from you and thank you very much for the fine response. You are in fine health, I hope, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello lunar glide, Delighted the new year sees you having a good time and may it continue. Timely indeed, there are still many who believe in empire, I even hate the word. Thank you very much for reading and responding. Fond regards, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Muttado, Great to hear from you and thank you so very much for the fine response. Two sides to every flag, honest folk will tell you this and the flagpole is the wrong colour, Mr Lzzard will tell you this - hahaha!. Fond regards, Tony.

• Parkinsonspoet
    replied
    another colourful tale ell told Hats off to you Tony

Leave a comment:

• lunar glide
    replied
    The good time is shared by this reader! Fun aside it's also a timely message.

Leave a comment:

• Muttado1sb
    replied
    Another great story, Tony! Not everyone wants to be part of an empire - Roman, Spanish, British, Soviet, Mongol, American. In your wonderful poetic way you’ve captured that perspective.

‘Do you have a flag …? "No..." "Well, if you don't have a flag, then you can't have a country. Those are the rules... that I just made up!’ Eddie Izzard’s humorous take on the same subject from the imperial side.

Leave a comment:

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Karen, Someday maybe, too busy at the moment having a good time - hahaha! Thank you very much for the applause, most kind of you indeed. Fond regards, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello rhymetime, Lovely to hear from you and your wonderful response is so very much appreciated, truly. You are enjoying the new year, I hope, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello RhymeLovingWriter, No, but I would love to. Great fun, I would imagine. A warrior Celt of yore bellowing out foul and fear upon the accursed foe - hahaha! Delighted you enjoyed this one and thank you very much for your lovely words. Fond regards, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Johntee, Very well said indeed. You are in fine health, I hope, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello AlexandratheLate, Thank you very much, kind of you, indeed. Fond regards, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello The second, Great to hear from you and that your late father might have enjoyed this one, a man after my own heart, I would imagine - may he rest in peace. All is well with you, I hope, Tony.

• Tony Grannell
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Dwayne, Your fine words are so very much appreciated. Fond regards, Tony

• mooneyblack
    replied
    Much applause Tony - a battle-cry for rebellion which, as Paula has said, could be performed on stage - as with so many of your poems. I'm wondering if you have even considered recording them?

Leave a comment:

• rhymetime
    replied
    Shakespear and Tennyson live and speak through you in this verse. What a powerful battle cry. I cannot read it enough. Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X