X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany

EPIPHANY
    By Alan Stallsmith

My bedroom. The sight of half empty glass and appetite of full sorrow stomach. I touch nothing and am crushed by everything. The rain. The wind. The silence. I wonder onto the balcony of memories, close my eyes, and jump headfirst.

Your statue towers over my house and casts shadows upon the walls I've built. I reach out for your hand and touch the sharp end of things you've said. The lies. The promises. The placebos. I wonder down the staircase into the basement of my heart.

Your eyes haunt the four chambers and tear me into two. I cling to the mirage with red hands and white knuckles. The euphoria. The safety. The inferno. I wonder up the staircase of my mind.

Your statue's fragments are shattered upon my front lawn. Bitter pill. Agonizing loneliness. Nostalgia. I wonder to the burn pile of my soul, strike a match, and set ablaze your madness.

I will not allow you to kill me anymore!

I will not allow you to transform my life into an airless, strangulating deja vu!

I will not allow your existance to be my woe!

I bid thee farewell!

Epiphany as burden melts like butter. The smell of rain! The sound of wind! Silence isn't a bad thing when your mind's been so loud for so long! I always hated the walls that I built around me anyways!

The sight of half full glass and appetite of an empty stomach. I reach out my hands and touch the freedom on the greener side. The truth. The hopefulness. The joy. I wonder up the staircase of my mind and open the window.
    Last edited by alan650; 01-07-2018, 05:10 PM.

I like how you have constructed this prose poem. To me, it is excellent stream of consciousness. I like how your words jumps from image to image and so all well connected. You seem too young to write this well!!!!!!
    Last edited by Tanner; 01-06-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Incredible beauty here!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
        I like how you have constructed this prose poem. To me, it is excellent stream of consciousness. I like how your wind jumps from image to image and so all well connected. You seem too young to write this well!!!!!!
        Thank you very much! I don't think I am too young at 32. lol. I actually started writing poetry in 11th grade. Now I've done it off and on throughout the years. Everyone has been so kind here!

Comment

Incredible word choices streaming through this. Well done poet.

Comment

Working...
          X