I was just trying to walk through
    Fire to make it up to you.

Isn't our suffering enough?--
    That we spit our bad breathed
    Red-eyed animal complaint?
    But we'd both quit listening.

Very intriguing and thought provoking poem! well done amenOra

Comment

Incredible - this scorcher pulls no punches. Very powerful and searingly descriptive language amenOra. This one hits a bullseye!

Comment

I'm not sure what your catalyst was for this, amenOra, but it is like a mirror for me. What I see is painful. Forgive my eisegesis.

Comment

Thanks, friends for posting. This one flew out of me. It is definitely 'darker' and finger-pointing. And it's also a bit of practice. I have been dealing -- along with everyone -- with the stuff these times bring up. Perhaps it is a balance, for me, for all that positivity. It ends with a turn of lovers, one of the most painful happenings. We both stop listening to each other. Let me bridge ths by saying thanks for commenting my friends, and I am here for what will ease the suffering.
          In the end I am speaking of myself here, however veiled it might be. The relationship between two people just makes it clearer what I mean.

Last thought, I really am working on brightening my poetry up -- but not at the expense of truth, or showing my feelings er somethin. Not sure what I exactly mean. Hopefully everyone is having a great end of the year! Happy Holidays.

Comment

Working...
          X