Pegged tightly
    Many years ago
    Heat; condensation
    Decaying inside

Windows steamed up
    Jammed or locked
    Keeping intruders out
    And regrets within

Hello Karen, In a foul state of abandonment, rank with regrets. Who'd dare to enter such a stale state of history. This is real poetry, I must say - no frills on this one. Splendid, without doubt. All set for Christmas, is that which should be mulled, mulling. May your Christmas be rich with merriment, Tony.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Tony. Perhaps sometime when you wring out cloths such as these you get a poem?? I shall steep my insides with something sweeter - have a good one. K

An affecting, lean-lined metaphor, left as hanging as the cloths themselves. Striking work, mooneyblack.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Grant, such praise is a Christmas gift in itself. My education here continues; thank you.

Mooneyblack, love your stuff. Your imagery is delicious.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Sister Greed. I really appreciate the feedback.

Some of your best work!

Refined to a spear point!

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Dwayne; I shall wring those cloths out from time to time.

mooneyblack , you dig deep in your emotional well for this write. Now I will read other comments for a clue to your inspiration. Well done Mooney.

Comment

• mooneyblack
      mooneyblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you bobby Del Boy. Yes, this was a deep dig - well spotted. The cloths represent unspoken conversations, the unaired words of which then rot and cause harm (rust) then the inability to have the conversation creating a barrier perhaps of protection and retaining those regrets. The damp represents the internal tears and perhaps blurred view.
      Last edited by mooneyblack; 01-03-2018, 11:51 AM.

thoughtful imagery portrayed skilfully , the last line says sd much and is a perfect ending

Comment

Strikingly sad reflection for certain, mooneyblack .

Comment

• mooneyblack
        mooneyblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the read Paula; yes a sad one I agree.

Back for a third read of Unspoken. I really like your simple views and the weight of emotion attached. It’s a perfectly balanced style in which you see. Are you a photographer? — Sister Greed

Comment

• mooneyblack
        mooneyblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much Sister Greed. No, I'm not a photographer but do enjoy it as a hobby and often put a few lines with a photo if it 'speaks' to me - you can see more at www.facebook.com/ObservationsInRhyme if you wish

• RhymeLovingWriter
        RhymeLovingWriter commented
        Editing a comment
        She's being modest - her photos are wonderful!

• mooneyblack
        mooneyblack commented
        Editing a comment
        You're too kind Paula and I thank you for it. Just before I wrote this I went outside to see if I could capture a photo of an amazing starry sky, however, my camera is not co-operating or else I need lessons on how to use it outside of an automatic setting - so I did a little stargazing instead!!

Thank you for the likes Rhymeboy and Muttado1sb

Comment

mooneyblack, Poetic inspiration is where you find it! In the smallest of things, your metaphors are hauntingly beautiful. The last line is a killer!!!!!

Comment

• mooneyblack
          mooneyblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Tanner thank you so much for the read and feedback; very much appreciated and most encouraging. I'm reading all you guys and hopefully learning.
      Working...
      X