Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin of our times

The sky is spread open and untroubled, sparkling a shade
    of newborn summer blue. The warmth feels stolen as it envelops those of us who enjoy alongside a wary memory
    of a killer tornado touchdown not so long ago, spawned by the shock of hot and cold clashing during a season normally gentle through trade
    of transformations.
    For this December sun, I am wearing jean shorts and sleeveless yellow top, there is no need
    of furnace or fireplace sighs lighting a wintry poem.
    We made Christmas cookies in shapes of trees cut perennial and snowmen merry as they baked. The humidity of the oven begged for a fan to be turned on
    and so it turns as a clock recycling us all.
    Insects and wasps lift wings in a somnolence which dives into my window screen
    or flails the air upon mesh with an eerily weakened buzz, the whir amplified by agitations
    of the unknown

I started this last year, set it aside and forgot it until yesterday when I ran across it in my files. I finished the lines quickly as I was in a mood to do so, but upon re-reading, caught a few flaws..
    Last edited by Katray; 12-02-2017, 11:09 PM.

I don't know about the 'flaws', Katray; this is gorgeous poetry. It grabbed me and didn't let go. Maybe you could tinker here and there if you wanted, but this is sheer joy to intone. Hat's off.

Comment

• Katray
      Katray commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Grant, I really appreciate your input!

PS the title is wonderful. I find the word 'coin' so powerful.

Comment

• Katray
      Katray commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks again. I was thinking about coin tosses and unpredictability.

I agree with Grant, but you know what you want. Could I ask you to republish this in black ink? I have a really hard time with colored ink and I’d like to read it again. Thank you if you will!

Comment

Thank you so much, Sister and yes, I will.

Comment

Wow. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• Katray
          Katray commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, amen!
      Working...
      X