an elusive moment
    that skirts across the
    periphery of my vision
    almost seen.

Tomorrow when I read this
    I will not recall the why of it.
    Important once, perhaps.
    I won’t recall.
    Last edited by rhymetime; 12-04-2017, 01:22 PM.

I like the round-a-bout way you traveled this path rhymetime. Where everything old is new again.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you very much

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      rhymetime, I want to apologize if it seemed I treated this glibly. It seems my abilities to read poetry correctly lack quite a lot. When people write as metaphor I misinterpret as factual and visa versa. I think you've written a very difficult reality for many people in a most beautiful fashion.

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for taking a second look. No apology necessary. I am not sure that there is always a divide between factual and metaphor. I think, actually I hope, that my current factual will someday prove to be someone else's metaphor for their experiences. That somehow they will find comfort in my factual metaphor.

Rhyme time,I need to know that you are ok. There’s things I want to say, but I am concerned I’ll say the wrong thing.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, my friend, I am ok. I have started a new journey. I know the destination, but I suspect that I may not know when I arrive. So I plan to appreciate the trip.
      You could not say the "wrong thing". The "wrong thing" for all of us, is to say nothing when we have the chance to say something. We only have one chance "to say". Right or wrong, it is our responsibility and burden to say it.

Nice job Rhymetime.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much

This write makes me think about a person having dementia, whereas a person can't remember things so past occurrences become new to them.
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much. That is the picture I hoped to paint. I suppose that if there is a positive about dementia it is the opportunity to forget. One can only hope that the yesterdays remembered and constantly relived and pleasant.

This is what you do best, rhymetime. You speak with perfect clarity and honesty, and a gentle music. This is a beautiful poem, in concept, tone, and diction. I bow; my feathered hat sweeps the ground.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinder words, I have never received. The image of anyone genuflecting before my words is inspiring and humbling. I cannot thank you enough.
      I must say the image of you in curly toed shoes and tights with a feathered hat makes me smile .

Rhymetime, very well written, a difficult concept succinctly stated and beautifully imagined.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, my fellow poet. I am humbled that you find this succinct. I wish I could claim this as imagined. I could not have imagined this experience. Some things must be lived to be understood and expressed

Hello rhymetime, The 'why of it' fading from the mind, portrayed beautifully in this melancholy verse. I wandered through in a pensive state of wonder, such is the effect of your words. Fond regards, Tony.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Your kindness is most appreciated. Such are the memories I hope to take with me.
      Thank you.

rhymetime I’ll here for you when you get there!

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, my most sensitive friend. Perhaps I shall be able to take you with me.

• Bobby Del Boy
      Bobby Del Boy commented
      Editing a comment
      In my thoughts and prayers rhymetime....

rhymetime, you have perfectly described what has happened to my 94 year old mother-in-law who suffers from vascular dementia.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      To have captured this happening in a word or two is a great privilege. Thank you so very much.

May poetry like this be signposts along your path!

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beautiful wish. I never thought of it. Now, I will hope that this simple verse will also be a signpost for those who take this journey with me.

Thank you

This is an excellent poem.

The diction, phrasing and pace, punctuate this artful articulation of the subject matter.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a beautiful compliment, made more humbling coming from someone who (or whom) I consider to be the finest poet on the forum.
      I cannot thank you enough.
      Last edited by rhymetime; 12-05-2017, 01:05 PM.

Moving up the list
    of things that one day
    might be fixed,
    for whom and
    at what price,
    like cancer there will
    be a pathway.

Comment

• rhymetime
      rhymetime commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right, my friend. When we no longer have the long run we must prioritize based on the short run. The focus becomes "what can I do now". What can I say now that my time to speak is limited? Kinda freeing really!!
Working...
X