Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Light

On the edge of dark perceiving of what left of day bereaving
    when lost the light from evening, in obscurity cocooned.
    Midst the doubting and believing in the twilight of deceiving
    the sun when fell a grieving on the day the night entombed.

From the dusky depths rampaging with the shallow shades of aging
    until the final staging hails another dawning day.
    To what battles then a waging in the absence of engaging,
    will the morn awake a raging and burn the night away?

Of life, the sun, her governance, a flame of fabled provenance,
    the graced state of eminence, of an empire raised in blue.
    The all-embracing radiance, her quintessential luminance
    and the essence of her resonance, resonating through.

Roused in splendid adulation lit her morning’s deputation
    in beaming jubilation as she soared out of the night.
    Bade the dark to its damnation making clear the destination,
    from darkness to salvation on our journey to the light.

D-Light-Full Anthem Tony. A strobing effectual reflection of light. Pass me my sunglasses!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Bobby, Delighted to hear from you, it's been a while, you and your family are in good order, I hope. Thank you very much for the fine response, especially so, the strobe - hahaha! Do take care now, Tony.

Wow Tony. The ending is especially powerful. An unexpected style and a pleasure to read!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello lunar glide, Delighted you found pleasure in this one. So kind of you to respond and so very much appreciated. Fond regards, Tony.

This is a difficulty level that surpasses my attempts at rhyme Tony Grannell. My first readings, given my recent frame of reference, focused on the grieving and loss of the darkness/night aspects. But this truly is a tale of triumph, overcoming darkness to burst forth to new day - and new hope. Quite encouraging.

I have one question, as it were. S3L4 which holds 'resonance, resonating'. What else could resonance do that would simulate but not so near exactly duplicate its essence? Fulminate (maybe too strong)? Postulate (too abstract)? Culminate (not sure at all)? I recognize that the double sound redounds for effect, but am wondering...
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 11-27-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello RhymeLovingWriter, Thank you very much for your lovely response, most kind of you, truly. To answer your question, mainly for effect (though strict when it comes to structure, I am loose with language) also the word, 'through', such is the power of light, as in, the sound of silence, silent light like the truth will always come 'through' - eventually. I hope, I have eased your wonder but not too much, I love to wonder myself, unlike a question, one does not need an answer but to wallow in the mystery. Fond regards, Tony.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      You have indeed eased my wondering...but not too much! It's a lovely piece and the more I read it, the more sustaining I find the words.

This is delightful to read. Different than some of your stories but i loved it.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello AlexandratheLate, That you loved this, is a trophy on my mantelpiece. Thank you very much. Fond regards, Tony.

A bravura cascade of intricate, strongly rhythmic rhyme, a tumultuous ballad of the solar drama that keeps our world alive. This is a truly meet celebration of the great force that I revere above all others. A triumph, Tony.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello grant, Thank you very much for your most beautiful response, I'm overwhelmed and humbled - giddy, really. The poem comes from Turner's last words, 'The sun is God'. Once again, my sincere thanks. Al the very best, Tony

Tony, we bask in your light as a rhymer extraordinaire. Brilliant as always. Many thanks

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Karen, Delighted you enjoyed this one, great to hear from you and thank you so very much. Take care now, Tony.

Of life, the sun, her governance, a flame of fabled provenance,
    the graced state of eminence, of an empire raised in blue.
    The all-embracing radiance, her quintessential luminance
    and the essence of her resonance, resonating through.

Outstanding!

Diction, pace and rhyme.

A exquisitely woven verse of hope and anticipation.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Dwayne, Such praise from a fine poet, is nothing but encouraging, a kind of blessing, really that finds me in a grand state of happiness. Thank you so very much, most kind of you indeed. Fond regards, Tony.

Rhymin is poetry pard. Giddyup my friend

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Rhymin Into the Sunset, Giddyupin' at the gallop. Regards, Tony.

A joy to read, Tony! The rhythm and rhyme flowing along, carrying the message out of the dark, To the light!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Muttado, Delighted you found joy in this one and your response is so very much appreciated. You are in fine health, I hope. Fond regards, Tony.

“Midst the doubting and believing in the twilight of deceiving” is a gorgeous summary of the conflicted soul. I love this poem and it scares the shit out of me!!! Great, great write.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Sister Greed, Well, I didn't set out to scare the shit out of anybody - hahaha! Have a whiskey on me, if for nothing else, it tastes good. Thank you very much for the lovely yet soiled response. Fond regards, Tony.

Tony I really enjoyed

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello The second, Most pleased, indeed, that you have enjoyed this one. Thank you very much. Fond regards, Tony.

My favorite parts were the rhymes ... and the flow ... the structure and language were flawless, to me. I'm still going to have to process the other side, the depth of it, after the initial "O"-mouth of awe!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello amenOra, It was a labour of love and I laboured long so I am very happy you enjoyed this one so. Your lovely response is very much appreciated. Fond regards, Tony.
Working...
X