You lay me to waste

A hot lambaste

And I’ll pretend

My hands on your waist

My face you traced

Our breathing in haste

And I’ll pretend

That we can be ‘just friends’

Hello Sister Greed, In the cover of pretence, 'just friends', a sure excuse for hitting the vodka and the unwelcomed sufferance of a hangover and the aftertaste of reality. Your pining pen weeps splendid poetry with honesty, sadness and natural flare. I have enjoyed reading this poem, very much so. Well done, indeed. Do take care now, Tony.

Comment

• Sister Greed
      Sister Greed commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Tony. Your comments are gratefully received. I’m glad you enjoyed Cut and Paste.

Sister Greed, it has been a while since you graced the forum; I have missed your distinctive style and wonderful poetic sensibility. This terse, nicely metered piece captures desire with authentic vigour. I doff my hat.

Comment

• Sister Greed
      Sister Greed commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re always too kind Grant. Cut And Paste will most likely get a rewrite!
      Last edited by Sister Greed; 11-29-2017, 07:49 AM. Reason: Autocorrect malfunction. Ugh.

She's back! Yea! I echo Grant - it's good to see your name in the queue Sister Greed !

After this kind of steamy encounter one would have to be some kind of actress to pretend to be 'just friends'.

Comment

• Sister Greed
      Sister Greed commented
      Editing a comment
      RLW, thank you so much for your welcome!!! Check out Pink Universe and Lust for life. I warmed up a bit! Looking forward to reading you...

SG, Back Again, with cutting edge sensuality - No, You always "pushed the envelope" with a chain saw of brilliance, laying waste to pretence and cultural norms.

Comment

Sister greed have missed your unique style. Welcome back !!

Comment

• Sister Greed
        Sister Greed commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you AlexandraTheGREAT! I missed you guys! PS I see we wrote on a similar topic...must be in the air.

Thanks everybody! It’s great to be back! Look forward to sharing our pains and pleasures. Just warming up!!!

Comment

Phew! Love it - bring it on.

Comment

• Sister Greed
          Sister Greed commented
          Editing a comment
          Phew is right! Thank you for your comment!

Like I always say, rhymin is poetry. Yippee ki aye

Comment

• Sister Greed
          Sister Greed commented
          Editing a comment
          RITS, yeah I kind of hate the rhyming. It’s going to be reworked.
      Working...
      X