I will imprint your every action
    and make a memory out of it.
    I won’t ever let you go, so come
    with me

Take my hand every step of the way
    I will be beside you when you’re sad
    and anxious or when you’re happy
    I won’t ever let go

A heartfelt lament between friends or lovers - how fortunate the intended is to have such strong support. The subject matter sounds sad, but the strength expounded is beautiful.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
      AlexandratheLate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much Paula. I really appreciate your comments.

Someone who cares and is willing to prove it. A hero for one. Lovely, AtL!

Having read Tanner’s ‘Killing Time’ just before reading this it almost reads as a response.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Mutaddo. That’s what i was going for - a supportive lover/friend - someone really willing to put themselves out for a person who was ready to give up on life.

Wow, this so much resembles my own efforts, at one point, of the treacherous voice of addiction. The tone of commanding presence, direct, that begins in stanza 2 and makes its way through the rest of the poem. This voice, alluring in some ways, is truly there. I know I'm a bit off about it being identical with the voice, but it rang that way to me at first, so I share.

Anyway, the poem and sentiment is nice, and the analogy I made "slanted". But sometimes the addiction is the last thing a person has.

::looks in mirror::

~

Comment

Thank you amenOra. I can see how it can read as an addiction. I enjoyed your take on this.

Comment

Hello AlexandratheLate, What a lovely poem to read. Such a caring heart poetised in simple yet beautiful language. To have such a grand companion is to have a love everlasting. I must admit, I have been charmed and most thankfully so, especially in today's world, one with little mercy and of the many who need such a friend. My fond regards, Tony

Comment

Thank you very Tony. I always enjoy your comments.

Comment

A very powerful and heartfelt promise - thank you

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
              Editing a comment
              Thank you very much Mooneyblack. I appreciate it.

I sint never gave up on anything in my life Darlin. I'm with y'all on this one.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
              Editing a comment
              Thank you very much Rhymin.

"Love is a condition so powerful; it may be that which pulls the stars in the firmament. It may be that which pushes and urges the blood in the veins. Courage: you have to have courage to love somebody because you risk everything – everything.” - Maya Angelou
            Nice poem ! Simple but beautifully written.A powerful promise to the beloved Love can heal and mend your soul.To love and to be loved is the greatest happiness of existence.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Christopher. Love Maya Angelou.

^ Christopher123 is a Robert Wendt sock puppet.

Comment

ATL, I like this poem, but I’d like to see what that means for you. Who are you really thinking of as you write? A great exercise for me tonight was listening to Lana Del Rey’s Born To Die album before I started writing. She was (is) a heroin user and her lyrics are very visual, as if she’s looking through a camera and recording what she experienced. When you take someone’s hand what is really going on? What do you see and feel? Warm assurance, cold distance, weak tension, a thready pulse, a quickened breath, so on. My challenge to you, ATL, is a re-write after listening to Lana Del Rey. Are you up for it? With love and respect, Sister Greed.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
                Editing a comment
                I thought about that but wanted it to read about Love that is higher than romantic love - agape love.

A wonderfully crafted message from a loving heart and soul to one who needs to hear. The words can relate to all varieties of relationships - universal but also individualistic; not an easy thing to accomplish in a poem.

Comment

That’s what I was going for katray. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                X