At the top of Joppenberg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the top of Joppenberg

At the top of Joppenberg mountain, the Rondout River streams.

Off the river the sun reflects, radiant November beams.

As part of the Rosendale rail Trail, the Trestle provides great views.

All these years I've lived here, this spot I never knew.

As my eyes pan 360, the mountains against sky blue,

I can see and smell the smoke, from a neighbor's fireplace flue.

Quaint Victorian homes are nestled along the river.

So lucky in love, with this view from above, without November's shiver.

The air is comfy and calm, no wind on the mountain peak.

I thank the good Lord for giving me this view, there's nothing I need to tweak.

A time to be alone and revel in nature's glory.

A simple hike to the top of my town, created this Rosendale story...

Last edited by Bobby Del Boy; 11-02-2017, 06:25 AM.

wow, a beautiful view all the way around.

Comment

With all you've endured - still life is good - and you share willingly. Thank you.

Comment

lunar glide RhymeLovingWriter your commednts are encouraging, generous and very much appreciated!

Comment

You've really captured the setting and your feelings about it, Bobby. I relate to the inspiration and sense of perspective you derive from this wonderful perch. Makes me want to get back to my home town, and take in the view from the high bluff above it. Kudos!

Comment

grant hayes thank you for climbing to the top with me. I am looking forward to your perch poem. Where would that be by the way?

Comment

• grant hayes
              grant hayes commented
              Editing a comment
              A place called Broker's Nose, up above a city named Wollongong. I shared a lengthy poem (150 lines) about it early on in my RhymeZone membership; I think it is way too long to sustain anyone's interest but mine

grant hayes I'm gonna Google that and what was title of your poem?

Comment

grant hayes, where to begin? The first thing I want to comment on is how few poets and members of the zone commented on your as Mhenry commented "masterpiece". It is a write that is of this earth but not constricted by time. It transcends time and will still be a masterpiece a thousand years from now. It takes diligence and commitment to savor what you've expressed in this write. I will come back to it again and I believe it should be dissected in parts for best results in comprehension. Great share Grant!

Comment

• grant hayes
              grant hayes commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Bobby, for such kind and generous praise; I am glad this piece resonated with you, really glad, because your own poem here shows such an affinity for landscape and sense of place. The photo is outstanding, by the way; the ray of sun and the silver light of the river are beautiful.

I had commented on this Bobby but I don’t see it. This is breathtaking.

Comment

AlexandratheLate thank you for being so diligent and generous with your time. Glad you enjoyed!

Comment

What a wonder of a view to be able to revel in with such wonderfully written revelry, Bobby!

Comment

Muttado1sb thank you for reveling with me. Always a pleasure!

Comment

Working...
                  X