to life beyond; when breath
    or snow absconds with innocence
    slated by our longing, warm to touch

Too much, or not enough,
    of what would keep us coming
    back again finds every crevice
    filled. In stilled or flurried conjuring –
    new season knocking hard.

A nice ride in the Halloween Hay from the Farmers daughter. This is one that Tony Granell would love. This kid from Brooklyn NY and now the Shawangunk Mountains gets it too. Paula, you've been humble and so generous here in the Zone. You are an extraordinary writer. Dare I say you're not in Kansas anymore?

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh but my heart is Bobby. My heart is always there - and everywhere too, among the ones I love. Thank you for the kind and generous words. I called my Dad this AM and there was snow on the ground - not much - but a thin blanket of white. We have a chance of flurries tonight.

RhymeLovingWriter, I'm enchanted by Trick or Treat Reflective, beautifully expressed, and the subtle references to the first snowfall and the coming winter. I especially like, "It's all predestined...." Monica

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Monica Mack. That stanza was a nod to my Momma's passing just three weeks ago tomorrow. Many thanks for your look, and gracious comment.

Beautifully thought and wrought, Rhymist. The weaving of setting, personal reminiscence, and observation is very affecting. Out of the top drawer, up on the mantelpiece.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Grant. Your words do me well and are much appreciated.

RLW, What a delight to read. Your elegance in your prodigious RZ output mirrors your the depth and soul of your interior life. I wanted to use the word "wrought" in my remarks, but following Grant in a posted comment is no easy task. Usually one only needs to read what Grant has written and be quiet.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      We're on similar page there Tanner - I often feel the same and wish there was a like button for comments responding to comments! Thank you so much for the kindness expressed in spite of your hesitancy. You may find things 'wrought' anytime or in any order. I appreciate your reading and making time to let me know.

This is a wonderful write, RLW. Peacefully reflective, focusing on past and future in the present. Lovely.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Muttado1sb. I hadn't realized it did that, until you'd commented so. It pleases me to see it now. Thank you.
Working...
X