• Show
Clear All

• The Four Sisters

Fair lady spring when buds appear,
    of blushing youth, a darling dear.
    Her reign adorned in gowns of green
    and blest the joys when she is seen.

Hail summer’s queen in regal sways
    through splendour’s grace and glory days.
    Her golden hair ‘neath veils of blue,
    bestowing light on morning dew.

Comes autumn’s lass a losing hope,
    she fears the tightening icy rope.
    With no escape, herself deceives,
    to chasing winds in falling leaves.

Cold winter’s wench in naked stride
    on icy breaths her armies ride.
    She pities not, she’s cruel a beast
    and done her rule when all deceased.

Ye sisters all in season’s coil,
    the art of life from soil to spoil.
    From seed to sprout to bloom and fade
    in death depart, with time, decayed.

What a profoundly creative description of the ever-changing seasons, in your unique style!

I really enjoyed this.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Dwayne, Delighted you enjoyed this one and as always thank you for dropping by and your lovely response is very much appreciated. All the best, Tony.

O it feels like so long reading your poem a hundred years have gone by WHAThappened.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello amenOra. It has been a while, indeed. I was out of order, fraying at the edges, as it were - upholstered since and feel brand new again. Yourself, in fine spirits, I hope. All the best, Tony.

Wow! Great description of the seasons! Masterful work of poetry!!! I always enjoy reading your works of art!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello LovesDaisies, Lovely to hear from you and I am delighted you enjoyed this one. Thank you so very much. Do take care now, Tony.

Simply Maaaaavellous! Tony Grannell A truly lovely poem!

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Rhymeboy, That you found this one lovely, pleases me greatly, truly and for that I do thank you. I trust you are in good form, Tony.

A splendid progress of vivid personifications, Tony; I could see it accompanying fantastical artwork depicting said ladies.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello grant, How lovely that would be. If I could, I would but sadly the canvas never took kindly to my brush - frightening results, the truth be known. Thank you very much for your lovely response. All the best, Tony.

Ah, Tony! Your pen sings like a violin with these four seasons! How wonderfully you’ve explained why those big girls don’t cry.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Muttado, Big girls don't cry, indeed, no matter which of the four moods they're in. A lovely response and so very much appreciated. Fond regards, Tony.

Wonderful Tony in your own marvelous style.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello AlexandratheLate, Lovely to hear from you with this lovely response and it so very much appreciated. Fond regards, Tony.

A truly wonderful read and a beautiful depiction of the seasons. So glad that you have returned to delight us with your unique style

Comment

• Tony Grannell
      Tony Grannell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Karen, Delighted you enjoyed this one and as always, my sincere thanks. Fond regards, Tony.
Working...
X