Holy

Immortal
    Life, love, loss: let them pass,
    the threefold hallow chides
    around its burning Thou.

'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
    When not to be receives reproach of being

Comment

Grant, You are truly inspired and churning out Poems like a Whirling Dervish casts off shadows. What best explains your prolific outpouring?

Comment

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        A lack of discernment, perhaps, Tanner. The 'Mystery' post was little more than a jocular riposte to another forum user; a recycled comment. This one and 'The stare of her toys' have arisen from attempts to house the notion of *a star dying toward* an observer. That's what has recently stirred in my dull skull, which is sometimes haunted by the implications of such stray phrases.

Love how you dropped angels into this. This focuses more on phrasing-- still your clipped style, which makes me wonder at the texture and meaning to glean. Awesome title, a new introduction in my lexicon. Thankya for sharing!

Comment

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        You are most welcome, O god of Thebes.

Far beyond Maestro in the Pantheon of Wisdom, King of Erudition and Obscurantism, the Abstruse and Arcane, Purveyor of Chiseled Wonders to Enlighten your spell-bound fellow Poets. Your hidden Trove is bottomless...

Comment

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        My insolent ennead of lines spliced within the liturgical triad makes for sixty-six syllables, Tanner, and together with the sixfold structure - three holies plus my stanzas - rudely suggests a number of ill repute. Thus the cryptic rebel prods at the paragon. I realise this sort of composition is pointless, really, but that's what I do. Apparently, according to the real poet and critic MrY, I am presuming far too much on the goodwill of forum users by continuing to post my opaque drivel. So you ought not to encourage me, Tanner, with such effusions; a thorough scolding is what I warrant.

Is that how the hymn is sung?

Comment

• grant hayes
        grant hayes commented
        Editing a comment
        On this thread it is, rhymetime.

Now, if it were sans serif it may have been clearer to me, but you needed the points to hide the horns. Your fusion of words and structure to make the whole is only missing shape, such as previous poems posted by poet's in the shapes of a candlestick, boat, or brassiere. :-)

Comment

Grant, you may be guilty of many crimes in your poetic offerings, but to characterize them as "opaque drivel" in surely a great untruth. Your writings contain too much depth at times and allusions that fly by the flat-earthed Tanner. However, I do believe your opacity at times does require specialized mining equipment to crack open and find the rare gems that wait therein.

Comment

Penny

Penny for your thoughts
          Hidden in plain sight
          A dull skull poor Yorick.
          Mazy phrases lazy premise

To be or when to be
          Stirring Thrice wholly
          You may fall off the wagon
          Holytricycle keeps stable

Evil numeracy calculates
          Sweet mutuality
          Gives Anyhead
          Steams your viles thinks of shoe

Comment

Spear-pointed expression!

I especially love the 'trinity' of life, love and loss.

Comment

Working...
            X