Red And Black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red And Black

(I hope the RhymeZone folk are ready for a more disturbing, vicious (and more profane) entry from me, even about the subject that I had in mind when writing, and letting out part of my anger in it too because, violence against women is the most despicable act that anyone can do. Okay, here we go...)

Love turn to hate
    Hate turn to anger
    You beat her up
    For a straight answer

And she can leave
    If she wants to
    To escape the pain
    Started by you

Grab by the arm
    Grab by the hair
    Tears and bruises
    A life in despair

An angry soul
    A monster born inside
    For the hurt
    For the blood
    For the anguish
    You are to be despised

The reddest stains through both your hands
    The darkest days of each others lives
    Living in the life of dissonance
    But to lift the finger of hate, you have no right
    You fucking monster
    Why ever hate this way?
    Why ever think that way?

Hate can drive us
    Into this sort of state
    The arguments
    The needless pain

And you oppress
    You humiliate
    Not until she gets up
    And retaliates

Grab by the neck
    Do all the worst things
    And what you do
    Will hand you nothing

You lost control
    You lost it all
    For the hurt done
    For the blood that you let run
    And for the mess about this house of hell
    And a dying life, cradled in your arms
    And if she loses the battle
    You're at fault

The reddest stains through both your hands
    The darkest days of each others lives
    Living in the life of dissonance
    But to lift the finger of hate, you have no right
    You fucking monster
    Why ever hate this way?
    Why ever think that way?

What happened to when it used to be fine?
    What ever happened to when it was all sublime?
    Living in this life of dissonance
    But to live the next life of arrogance
    Over the brutal end that you have made for yourself
    I hope you lose the next fight
    I hope you fucking burn, melt and die

The relations
    The good times
    The memories
    Leave it behind

The deed is done
    The day is through
    A broken halo
    Only for you

I'm so sorry Bry89, that occasion ever came into your life, or any life, to have to vent these truths. That said, you've done a fine job of carrying the gruesome narrative from beginning to end. The parts in italics read like a refrain - so this is lyrics, yes?

Comment

• Bry89
      Bry89 commented
      Editing a comment
      It never happened to me thankfully... just wanted to speak out against domestic abuse and violence against women in general although at one point, my mother was almost a victim of it but, she had only suffered emotional hurt - with two ex-husbands. And once again, thank you for your kind words. It's what keeps me on as a writer

And yes, any verses that are in that way of formatting you see are refrains and are indeed written in a lyrical manner. In fact, everything I've written and posted since I first came her are read like these.

I have been through this, as in ones close to me. You did a good job of expressing it. That red-hot anger must be felt and expressed. You touched upon a big component of what goes wrong within any such relationship: "What happened when it used to be fine?"

One has the delusion that "it was better then"; one longingly looks away, in that instance, to another "better" time, and I of course see how it becomes a forced "ritual" of the two trying to bring back a "spark".
    In this case, probably neither personality has grown. It's sad to see, and even worse to get stuck in a cycle of abuse, wrapped in all that past baggage of another-- and the trauma and abuse, perpetuating.

Kudos for writing it, and you're right to let the anger out. Always constructively, which a fist in a face IS NOT.

Just to not react to anger and hate lets one not have to deal with the consequences of ... foolhardy violence.

Not many have written--so well-- about "domestic abuse"; gets me thinking. Thankya!

Comment

Very well written, Bry, about a very hard topic that needs every piece of exposure it can get to help people see and understand!

Comment

Strong:

The deed is done
        The day is through
        A broken halo
        Only for you

Bry89 the above is powerful, and allows the reader to imagine what has been told. this sometimes can have more of an impact on the reader-both emotionally and 'practically'. I am glad to see you writing something that is not always comfortable or pretty, and outside of your regular verse. Well done.

Comment

A very powerful write and read; a courageous share; a subject matter that demands attention yet is often ignored in the 'best-regulated households' I wrote one a while ago about 'Quandeel' the Pakistani model who was murdered by her brother - I have always been a little wary of sharing so thanks to you I may do so now. Thank You

Comment

Working...
          X