Who will repent the sin
    When pain makes it so real?
    The moment we begin
    To strain for the unreal

We are already lost –
    No savior offers hand.
    Damnation is the cost
    To walk corrupted land.

Sixteen six syllable lines you've woven into a rhymed, lamented edict. I like your work, and commiserate the lamentable state of the world.

I also think that if the land was corrupted by choice of each one, it can be turned right around in the same way. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I choose hope.

Comment

• AnatoliyS
      AnatoliyS commented
      Editing a comment
      I could not agree more, RhymeLovingWriter, it WILL be turned around. Unlikely as it seems, we are learning and generation after generation becoming wiser.

Hard to see it when we look out the window today, but only because we can't compare how it was 1000 years ago!

Why are we already lost? There are problems, sure, and most of our own making. But there are solutions of our own making as well. Though greed (money, power, attention) may cause problems that take a long while to solve. Thought provoking, Anatoliy.

Comment

• AnatoliyS
      AnatoliyS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comment, Muttado1sb. The poem meant "lost" in spiritual sense.

Due to my job I have to constantly monitor different political and economical events and deeply research what's going on in the world. I cannot afford being judgmental or take sides, so I strive to see each event "as is" and learn where it is leading and what course of action it is calling for.

As I've been doing it for the past 13 years, I've learnt through my experience (for whatever it's worth) that nothing is "good" or "bad". And through my spiritual journey I accepted that whatever is going on in the world (political turmoil, environmental problems, wars, poverty, starvation, natural and human created disasters, etc.) is not a cause of seeming problems.

Instead this is a direct effect of our "being lost".

After reading your comment I agree but I do believe that it will take a much higher power to solve this and I look forward to that day.

Comment

• AnatoliyS
      AnatoliyS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comment, Alexandra!

I agree - will take a much higher power indeed!

The good news – that higher power is already in you, today!
Working...
X