would that many
    minutes more
    marked each
    day

I
    can’t
    keep
    up
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 05-30-2017, 11:06 AM. Reason: Had to change title because apparently in my rush to write I 'heard' a verb as an adjective. Proper grammar will be my bane forever - I'm convinced.

This slender poem is very shapely sounding, Rhymist; beautifully thought and wrought. You honour the Zone poets greatly.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Grant. And still, these days, I feel I'm missing more pieces than I'm catching. Things will slow up soon, I think. We've been enjoying our grandchildren the past five days while mum and dad were on holiday!

You take such every day thoughts and in your personal style make them into wonderful poems.

Comment

RLW, I see you used one of my favourite words, recalcitrant. I see you are saluting the rabble of the Mob in the Zone. I think there is too much intelligence in the RZ! We need to dumb down like the vast majority of society who see no use for Poetry which for many is a self-indulgent, frivolous enterprise - ah, but then again, as W.S. Merwin once said in a letter to me, "If it's your life you'll know it as you go along". I now see what he meant. Poetry is Life to me; I can't imagine not writing or reading it, and I am sure many others share this sentiment.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Oh no Tanner - I am not wanting it to stop! I only wish I could absorb it ALL. These days I find myself falling more behind and missing more pieces than ever. Perhaps it is just a season in my life. I'll take in as much as I can for now, and hope that longer days for more perusing will return posthaste.

Hello RhymeLovingWriter, How correct you are, prolific and brilliant to boot. Regards, Tony.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Tony. There is a wealth found here that deserves attention - and that takes time!

You profligate, you!
      That ending, I sensed 'funny'. Am I dumb-ed-up? Yup, I am. Had crazy dreams laste nighte...

Comment

• amenOra
        amenOra commented
        Editing a comment
        not that profligate applies, that's the irony. but I did not know the proliferate, I dont think. score. Another word: Apotrapaic. as in apotrapaic magic; protection energi.

edit:you even used the twin word to proliferate it blent in so well! hahaha It's mornings, that's my excuse, good morning.. guten tag.

• amenOra
        amenOra commented
        Editing a comment
        not that profligate applies, that's the irony. but I did not know the proliferate, I dont think. score. Another word: Apotrapaic. as in apotrapaic magic; protection energi.

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        This is amusing amenOra. I actually think I had profligate in the poem title at one point . At some different attempts with the way I write, it might well apply. But then, today, looking at the poem again I realize that I used proliferate (verb) when wanting an adjective - more appropriately prolific (as Tony caught) or proliferative (which the dictionary gave me). I actually like the original title better - the way it sounds to my ear. I'm probably hopeless as an actual writer unless I find some awesome editors to go behind and fix my mistakes. Although, truthfully, I kind of like my quirky way of doing things. I too, had crazy dreams last night - must have been something going around.
        Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 05-30-2017, 11:17 AM.

You've always portrayed a generous heart and soul here Paula! You are a humble and kind poet. Happy to know you and privilege to read your poetry

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        And you are kind beyond words Bobby - and so welcoming! I return the compliment in its entirety!

Ditto to what BDB says, and the words of everyone else! A clever write that I enjoyed immensely!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Thank you NYS - I appreciate your work as well and am trying not to miss anything!

I love the style and diction here.
      A rush of verbiage echoing exasperation.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        Exasperation is a great way to encapsulate the feeling Dwayne! I am still trying to catch up! Thank you for the like and comment.

it can be overwhelming! you are a wonderful example here 😁

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
        Editing a comment
        You are sweet to say so LG. Even though sometimes I feel like I'm swimming against the current.

any dead fish can go with the current 😋

Comment

RhymeLovingWriter Amen sister!

Comment

Working...
        X