baseball cap
    and a bomb
    in his
    backpack.

The banality of evil, indeed.

Comment

Hello grant, Isn't it, sadly, so. Regards, Tony

Comment

Bizarre - the world in which we live. This is one of the reasons I look for wonder - to write poetry.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
          Tony Grannell commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello RhymeLovingWriter. Whenever there is one reason for peace there is always ten reasons for war and always money to back the latter reasons into slaughter. Thank you very much. Regards, Tony.

This poem is one of the reasons why I love poetry. Blunt, in a way, short, what one might call 'simply written' - yet a poem that speaks more than all the eloquence expended by the countless orators of our age. What is our world coming to, indeed.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
          Tony Grannell commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello N.Y. Sonnet, Out of all wars came war poets to tell us the truth, the horrible truths. Great poets they were, although the majority of them and God bless them, went mad. Thank you very much for your lovely comment, you are very kind indeed. Regards, Tony.

Sad but times we live in. Nice twist and title.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
          Tony Grannell commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello AlexandratheLate, Sad times indeed, murderous times, as is and has been since Cain and Abel. Thank you very much. Regards, Tony.

You describe, so well, the evil that masquerades as normality. Frightening but sadly true.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
          Tony Grannell commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Karen, Talk about camouflage, probably help you board the bus he was about to blow up. Lovely to hear from you and thank you very much for reading and responding. Regards, Tony.

An unexpected offering.

Powerfully poignant.

Comment

• Tony Grannell
          Tony Grannell commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Dwayne, I hoped it would be powerful in its simplicity. Difficult to achieve. Very kind of you to read and respond and I am most grateful, truly. Regards, Tony.
      Working...
      X